• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the "other" board I've been hearing about from the other board. I'm mostly an obs and banter poster. Mainly, just read the discussions and lurk around. I've seen some posters here that I haven't seen in awhile and it's so great to see their posts! Fingers crossed for those expected to get snow from this system. I missed out on December 8th and will probably miss this one as well. Sometimes it sucks being in the middle stuck between the mountains and the coast.

So this is the "other" board I've been hearing about from the other board. I'm mostly an obs and banter poster. Mainly, just read the discussions and lurk around. I've seen some posters here that I haven't seen in awhile and it's so great to see their posts! Fingers crossed for those expected to get snow from this system. I missed out on December 8th and will probably miss this one as well. Sometimes it sucks being in the middle stuck between the mountains and the coast.
Welcome! It's great to have you. There are some good discussions here and a variety of members from all over. Enjoy!

I swear if this ends up far enough west I having mixing issues in the future if anyone as much as hints at doubting the NW trend will be banned lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This radar is going to be painful to watch from here in the upstate. Looks like we missed out on a big dog. Hoping for a couple flurries at 50:1 ratios though :(

It's nice to see another poster from the charlotte area.

Good luck to all those in NC, SC and any other place that might see snow from this next system. I’m not even close to getting anything from this but I’ll continue to Patiently wait my turn instead of complaining about the people getting snow while I’m not. However after this snow I will be greedy with all systems from now till spring:)

NAM's trying hard to suck me into wishcasting this, but it just saturated an entire layer this run here. If the 925MB layer saturates in a run, I'll have no other option but to jump aboard the hallucination train.

Other systems that don't have cold air in place have had a warm nose set up in East GA, now looking at the NAM it looks like it's going to set up a dry area right there too...hahahaha...at least I'm not mad at all about this because we're going to see places like Florida and the coast see winter weather.

Where is Larry lol? Savannah is about to make history

I just posted. It isn't that I'm not extremely excited. This really feels surreal! It is just that I'm so busy with following this as well as other things I have to attend to that are unrelated to wx. I finally got to post! I'll try to post as often as I can.

I see it's still important for the local forecasts to be calling for 6 inches of snow + for it to happen. If it is not forecast, it will not happen, I guess.

Kind of like the whole "why no winter storm warning" when a threat is imminent. If they don't issue a watch or warning by a certain time, it must mean it won't happen.

I don't get this.

The decisions made by the NWS effect much more than a community of weather nerds watching models. They are careful. People on here don't have to face the government, for causing them to spend lots of money on preparations, when they get nearly nothing Wintry.

I see it's still important for the local forecasts to be calling for 6 inches of snow + for it to happen. If it is not forecast, it will not happen, I guess.

Kind of like the whole "why no winter storm warning" when a threat is imminent. If they don't issue a watch or warning by a certain time, it must mean it won't happen.

I don't get this.

The decisions made by the NWS effect much more than a community of weather nerds watching models. They are careful. People on here don't have to face the government, for causing them to spend lots of money on preparations, and they get nearly nothing Wintry.
Brad P's map, just looks stupid to me!

Brad P's map, just looks stupid to me!

This ugly thing?

DSk_UMf_GW4_AA7_JLX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back