• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course in September

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
We sure know how to waste when it comes to weather. Waste a favorable winter pattern in August and September. Waste cold and moisture to get 33 and rain. Waste a negative NAO in summer and fall. Waste 2 inches of snow that falls in the afternoon hours and melts away by that night via changing to rain, etc. Mother Nature can go all in when it comes to mocking a snow weenie LOL

This place deserves a big shout-out for keeping us up to date during Harvey, and Irma, and so many other events this year.
Like most of you here, I’m not Staff.
Like so many of you here, I’m a donator.
Like all of you here, I’m a weather lover.
Our vested interest is learning from each other, in a good-natured way.
If you’re enjoying the site and what it brings to you, and if you haven’t done so already, how about making a small contribution? It helps.
Rumor has it that models and other neat features could result - things each of us might enjoy.
So, if you can forego one cup of coffee and make a donation ... :cool:
Just sayin' ... ;)

Anyone every change a capacitor on an A.C. unit? Mine went out , in can kick start the fan on the blower motor with a stick

Anyone every change a capacitor on an A.C. unit? Mine went out , in can kick start the fan on the blower motor with a stick

I had that same issue and watched the repair tech fix it. Took him about 5-10 minutes and charged $200 for a $10 part. There are good how to videos on youtube which show the easiest way to change it. I will definitely do it myself next time.

I also had the same issue end of last summer, fortunately I have a friend who owns a HVAC business, he came over changed it out and only charged me for the capacitor, $70 and runs like new. But yeah there are good how-to videos out there as long as you are 100% sure that is the problem.

Mine went out a couple weeks ago. Easy fix not that cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

images
This could hold you over. Easy make

Mine went out a couple weeks ago. Easy fix not that cheap

Did you do it yourself ? I've watched YouTube videos on how to swap it out . But I haven't been able to find the part yet

Did you do it yourself ? I've watched YouTube videos on how to swap it out . But I haven't been able to find the part yet
Negative. I figured I'd rather spend 200 vs 2000 if I screwed something up. It's avv rally easy fix that you can do yourself

just make sure you have power off to the unit when you change it; it's an easy swap. Make sure it's the exact same

Well the AC is fixed and cranking !! I found a part and got it for 46 bucks. Then my A.C. buddy called me to ask how it was going and I told him I got the part and he said I way overpaid . So I took that one back and went to the store he told me to go to and boom $2.71 later the house is getting cold again !!!! Same part $43 dollar difference . Crazy!!! Thanks for all the advice !!
829fe151d50fb7dfcccc6f9e8d36b502.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back