• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not do both???

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Have too many other good songs to include. Want to keep it to one song per artist to have variety. I have it down to 60 songs that should cover 4 hours.

Uverse sucks. Installing new cables in my neighborhood cut my uverse line won't fix it, have to wait until Saturday for a technician

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For a laugh: From SAV area NWS forecast: heat index up to 140!! Talk about warm core!

SUNDAY NIGHT

HURRICANE CONDITIONS POSSIBLE. SHOWERS WITH A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN
80 PERCENT. HEAT INDEX VALUES UP TO 140 EARLY IN THE EVENING.

http://kamala.cod.edu/ga/latest.fpus52.KCHS.html
Is that even real? LOL has to be an error.

Okay, I have fixed the ugly "Upload Image" text on the quick reply to be a button. Added quick links to the hurricane threads to a notification panel on the front page, and also setup a quick resource page for Jose. http://southernwx.com/jose

So, I have had really bad pain in my left knee and thigh the last two weeks. Started on Aug 28. It's so bad I can hardly stand and walk. But, I went to Busch Gardens on Sept 3 because we promised the kids we'd go one more time before our fun pass ended, and somehow managed to make it through the day without collapsing. Went to the orthopedic urgent care nearby Sept 5, saw a PA, told him I had pain in my knee and thigh. They took some x-rays of my knee, which came back negative. He said it was probably tendinitis, and gave me some prescription gel to rub on my knee. Well, I've had tendinitis, or jumper's knees, in both knees from playing basketball, but this pain was a lot worse and didn't go away. I did some reading and think I actually have Iliotibial band syndrome, which is when the ligament from your pelvic bone to the shinbone becomes so tight that it rubs against the knee and thighbone. The main symptom is pain between the hip and knee, which is what I have.

Anyone else ever suffered from this? I'm going to my regular doctor tomorrow and hope to get some relief. I'm hoping he'll give me a corticone shot that'll do the trick.

So, I have had really bad pain in my left knee and thigh the last two weeks. Started on Aug 28. It's so bad I can hardly stand and walk. But, I went to Busch Gardens on Sept 3 because we promised the kids we'd go one more time before our fun pass ended, and somehow managed to make it through the day without collapsing. Went to the orthopedic urgent care nearby Sept 5, saw a PA, told him I had pain in my knee and thigh. They took some x-rays of my knee, which came back negative. He said it was probably tendinitis, and gave me some prescription gel to rub on my knee. Well, I've had tendinitis, or jumper's knees, in both knees from playing basketball, but this pain was a lot worse and didn't go away. I did some reading and think I actually have Iliotibial band syndrome, which is when the ligament from your pelvic bone to the shinbone becomes so tight that it rubs against the knee and thighbone. The main symptom is pain between the hip and knee, which is what I have.

Anyone else ever suffered from this? I'm going to my regular doctor tomorrow and hope to get some relief. I'm hoping he'll give me a corticone shot that'll do the trick.
Brick - IT band is an issue - if that's what it is. I used to run 5 miles a day, 365 - for 20 plus years. Then one day, out of nowhere ... Do you have any swelling or a knot on the exterior of the knee? If so, that's a tell-tale sign.
Cortisone will help the pain but it is not a cure; aggressive PT is the only thing that works - and you have to stick with it. Good news is, those folks know what they are doing and they'll have you pain free in short order - the problem is not to think you're "cured" and starting back too soon - that band takes 6 months or more to get fully resolved.
In my case - once "fixed" I was hiking on the AT in late November and slipped on some ice under the leaves and totally tore it - totally - ended my running but after another round of PT I've been fine otherwise for 5 years!
Good luck, Man!
Phil

Maybe this upcoming stretch of hotter weather won't be as bad as I thought...but it's still going to suck going from it being SOO comfortable today (even if a hurricane did play a factor) to being back in the upper 80s for a while.

I'll be happy when days like today (low-mid 70s) become more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back