• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest traffic jam in american history???? Is he related to wxsouth ????
d89780e02f222df7107379ef66203067.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Heard the same thing from Glenn Burns about a week ago. I think that as long as you stay on a major highway for most of your trip you should be fine. Areas like Blairsville and mountain communities as well as isolated 1 lane roads probably will have people everywhere and roads plugged.

He might be over hyping just a bit but I will say this... we received email notification a few weeks back from NCDPS Special Ops about their concerns and I've copied just a portion of the email below. Also it only clips the extreme sw part of our state but they are concerned with massive crowds..... insane.

Key Factors of Concern
•Each county anticipates thousands of tourists
•Traffic is the major concern
•1% of Atlanta’s population anticipated to visit Cherokee County alone
•WCU will have the largest freshman class in history move in that weekend
•Hotels, cabins and campgrounds booked out a year in advance
•Traffic will hinder emergency services to reach those in remote areas

Heard the same thing from Glenn Burns about a week ago. I think that as long as you stay on a major highway for most of your trip you should be fine. Areas like Blairsville and mountain communities as well as isolated 1 lane roads probably will have people everywhere and roads plugged.
I am planning on staying home for about 5 days to avoid crowded places and the traffic. We are meeting here for a small eclipse party.

He might be over hyping just a bit but I will say this... we received email notification a few weeks back from NCDPS Special Ops about their concerns and I've copied just a portion of the email below. Also it only clips the extreme sw part of our state but they are concerned with massive crowds..... insane.

Key Factors of Concern

I wonder if this will end up being a Yogi Berra situation. He once said: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

The snowfall glistening so white, strawberry champagne on ice, lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like...

Key Factors of Concern

I just have to step outside my back porch to enjoy

Or not!
28a57ef63c62ab7156c7d26686e643dd.png

#justmyluck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been calling for the eclipse to be cloudy or something for months lmao... my favorite was a hurricane landfall in SC with a band of clouds across the country to Oregon(what Joaquin would have done had it made landfall)

I'm not in the area of totality but I'm close and it'd be interesting to see it be fairly dark for the middle of the day.

But of course, with this summer it will likely be storming anyway. After a bit of a break, August looks like more of the same from July for me. Mainly topping out in the low to mid 90s, lots of humidity, and stormy.

A HUGE name in country/pop music and TV from the 1960's and 1970's, Glen Campbell, passed yesterday at the age of 81. May he rest in peace. Many don't realize that he was a Beach Boy for a period of time.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/08/glen-campbell-dead/
Saw him in concert in the 70's, great show. He is not suffering from that awful disease anymore.

^Here, too, it was booming earlier this afternoon and it has been raining much of the afternoon. The area got 1-3" of rain! The airport got ~2". The skeeters must be loving it!

I've been calling for the eclipse to be cloudy or something for months lmao... my favorite was a hurricane landfall in SC with a band of clouds across the country to Oregon(what Joaquin would have done had it made landfall)

It would be hilarious should a MCS travel quick enough SE to completely mess up the Eclipse for tons of people. Now that would be the biggest, most hated bust in weathe history.

Yep. Much more blacksmith than bladesmith though.

2462tja.jpg
Nice! Why did I think you would be our blacksmith? Lol.... So I've got a million questions haha. Seriously I'd love to try my hand at bladesmith but don't have any of the tools so I'll be starting out from scratch, don't want to throw a ton of money into it until I'm confident I can even do it. Looking at constructing a primitive coal fired forge... any suggestions? I've read up on it, looked at videos seems fairly straight forward at beginner level anyway.... you considered master blacksmith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back