• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably gonna piss some folks off with this, but ...
Don't trust or hang on models ... look a little deeper at the whole setup and analyze, rather than spontaneously spouting off on what this run or that run says at some god awful hour 10 days out as though it were testament coming from Jacob or Moses ... o_O

default_violin.gif
Tell SD that! He's the one grasping @ 3K NAM and stuff! :)

I'm probably gonna piss some folks off with this, but ...
Don't trust or hang on models ... look a little deeper at the whole setup and analyze, rather than spontaneously spouting off on what this run or that run says at some god awful hour 10 days out as though it were testament coming from Jacob or Moses ... o_O

default_violin.gif

Well said. In case anyone might be mislead by this, I don't think he's suggesting not to post 10
day modeled TC positions. I see nothing wrong with that as for one thing it is good documentation that helps show how way off these progs end up being the vast majority of the time and also helps give an idea about which models tend to be more way off than others, the strengths and weaknesses of various models, etc. So, these can help us learn in this way and others.

It is assumed by now that experienced readers of these posts realize that the probabilities of a TC position/strength verifying closely at, say, day 10+ are almost always extremely low though that chance will not be quite as low if there's the almost unheard of instance of model agreement on run after run that far out. That's why I said that having modeled hits on the US from FL to ME (later this went into the GOM) and over a 4 day period meant that it would be quite awhile before there was to be a good handle on 99L, assuming it would even ever become a TC.

However, there does seem to be a big problem with posting well out into the future modeled TC positions on Facebook, etc., as that's where there are readers less educated on the extremely low probabilities of verification thus causing unnecessary panic.

Well said. In case anyone might be mislead by this, I don't think he's suggesting not to post 10
day modeled TC positions. I see nothing wrong with that as for one thing it is good documentation that helps show how way off these progs end up being the vast majority of the time and also helps give an idea about which models tend to be more way off than others, the strengths and weaknesses of various models, etc. So, these can help us learn in this way and others.

It is assumed by now that experienced readers of these posts realize that the probabilities of a TC position/strength verifying closely at, say, day 10+ are almost always extremely low though that chance will not be quite as low if there's the almost unheard of instance of model agreement on run after run that far out. That's why I said that having modeled hits on the US from FL to ME (later this went into the GOM) and over a 4 day period meant that it would be quite awhile before there was to be a good handle on 99L, assuming it would even ever become a TC.

However, there does seem to be a big problem with posting well out into the future modeled TC positions on Facebook, etc., as that's where there are readers less educated on the extremely low probabilities of verification thus causing unnecessary panic.
Just want folks to consider before regurgitating what we can all see ourselves ... and don't want folks thinking models are a done deal ...

Larry - I'll get back with you on the PM in an hour or 2 - things going on I need to deal with ...

^^^THIS^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in the world did I come back to Georgia ? I was visiting family in Indiana and it was so nice and pleasant and then I come back to this crap ? Someone please tell me there is an end in sight to the high humidity.

Early October and it will be over... until May of next year.
Stop it. I cant take it anymore. I guess you cant have cooler temps in the south in the summer without copious amounts of rain and humidity to go along with it. Oh and im also sick of the insane bug population this summer. Humidity + bugs = misery.

Stop it. I cant take it anymore. I guess you cant have cooler temps in the south in the summer without copious amounts of rain and humidity to go along with it. Oh and im also sick of the insane bug population this summer. Humidity + bugs = misery.
Sadly not, unless we have those rare days that a trough sweeps in. The bugs definitely have been all over this year, likely due to the uptick in moisture.

Sadly not, unless we have those rare days that a trough sweeps in. The bugs definitely have been all over this year, likely due to the uptick in moisture.
I guess you just cant win either way if you live in the south. Summers are either going to be oppressively hot and dry or cooler with higher humidity and tons of bugs.

We have so many talented members so im posting this to see if we have any graphic designers . Message me if you have aby experience . My normal guy has vanished

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back