• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Basically everyone is sitting around watching 850 temps first and foremost and see how far the get south and the more southern your are then you hope surface temps drop as afternoon comes on

Basically everyone is sitting around watching 850 temps first and foremost and see how far the get south and the more southern your are then you hope surface temps drop as afternoon comes on
I am looking at the surface as well. If you go by the SPC Hourly Mesoscale page, what is being predicted in central TN vs what is actually occurring is amazing. Here is the surface analysis.
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoa....php?sector=17&parm=pmsl&underlay=1&source=1#

I know Brad P mentioned this but there was a report of heavy snow from Paris, Mississippi in the northern portion of the state a little while ago, well southeast of Memphis where 2" of snow had already fallen and visibility was about 3/4 of a mile. Wouldn't rule out some flakes making it into northern AL and GA...
View attachment 458
Well you would think if they can get 2" we could get at least an inch. We are higher in elevation than they are. Elevation has to count for something right ?

I know Brad P mentioned this but there was a report of heavy snow from Paris, Mississippi in the northern portion of the state a little while ago, well southeast of Memphis where 2" of snow had already fallen and visibility was about 3/4 of a mile. Wouldn't rule out some flakes making it into northern AL and GA...
View attachment 458
I'm scouring Twitter and other sources and see nothing about that snow in Paris, Mississippi..Paris, Tennessee yes. Temps throughout that region have been 39/40 degrees at the lowest this morning.

beb73541933d6e3cc012cd4727564772.jpg

This was Paris Tennessee earlier this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently its a great day to live in a town called Paris. Both Paris, TN and Paris, MS look like the big winners. I wonder if Paris, TX is next ?

Back