• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

The overnight timing for Ga is good to get accumulation if it does snow

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Right. I think from Rome north might do well. I am hoping things can trend better for the north side of Atlanta. But, I know it's probably just too warm.

Right. I think from Rome north might do well. I am hoping things can trend better for the north side of Atlanta. But, I know it's probably just too warm.
Based on the map I just saw I'm thinking of getting a hotel in Blairsville. But who knows, things can change between now and tomorrow night.

Looks like dry air below 850 is really a big problem for central NC. Since I am grasping at straws you could possibly see a few flurries make it to the surface if there are some heavier pockets of precipitation
NAM_sounding.png

Looks like dry air below 850 is really a big problem for central NC. Since I am grasping at straws you could possibly see a few flurries make it to the surface if there are some heavier pockets of precipitation
NAM_sounding.png

Not only that but look how dry the dendritic growth zone (the area of the skew T chart ~ -12 - -18C where dendrites (snowflakes/ice crystals) are preferred to form), aside from the surface, the lowest RHs in the entire troposphere are in that "snow growth" zone lol.

Back