• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Can't make this up. I retire from weather.

nam4km_asnow_seus_17.png

"F"ing lovely! SMH!

I mean how the h&$$ does that happen...LOL!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since y'all have no snow to cover live you need to get your hands on some explosives, get a big ass wooden crate, write Winter in huge letters on the side and blow it the hell up! Put that on the live show drop the mic and call it a winter.... boom!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Things were good until Charlie started the damn thread

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I say let's go back to our inner middle schooler selves and give Charlie a swirly and then hang him on the back of the bathroom stall by his underwear...

This was the NAM 24 hours ago
83c5141a41cca306d2ebcaa6e55cbc1d.jpg

And the 4km still snowing across NC at this time
16e99142870b6d9f91f9a2bc2381d23b.jpg

Things were good until Charlie started the damn thread

Yeap kiss of death. Send him to the gallows. Someone has to pay for this cluster.

Since y'all have no snow to cover live you need to get your hands on some explosives, get a big ass wooden crate, write Winter in huge letters on the side and blow it the hell up! Put that on the live show drop the mic and call it a winter.... boom!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Gotta be a tough night for brick the NW trend went the wrong way and the heels lost

Might be a few tors in far eastern NC overnight Monday into Tuesday if the NAM is right. Haha if the NAM is right

These maps are potential snow rates right? Not actual accumulations since the ground is so warm.

They're total snow maps which essentially means that they assume that all the snow that falls and reaches the ground doesn't sublimate (change from ice to gas), melt, and the ratios are all 10:1 (10" of snow per 1" of liquid), which is rarely a good approximation in the south where ratios are often near or lower than this due to the higher temperatures and moisture content of the air but when you're trying to create maps efficiently and for such a large area, taking the time to code a formula that would vary the modeled ratios as a function of temperature and moisture would be a waste of time since the models suck anyway...

They're total snow maps which essentially means that they assume that all the snow that falls and reaches the ground doesn't sublimate (change from ice to gas), melt, and the ratios are all 10:1 (10" of snow per 1" of liquid), which is rarely a good approximation in the south where ratios are often near or lower than this due to the higher temperatures and moisture content of the air but when you're trying to create maps efficiently and for such a large area, taking the time to code a formula that would vary the modeled ratios as a function of temperature and moisture would be a waste of time since the models suck anyway...

This makes sense too :) Thanks!

Back