• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

This run of the 4k is actually a little more impressive across NC vs 6z...not as good as 0z
You're absolutely right much improved actually, I was actually thinking as far as the jackpot zone it's SC but no it's an improvement and interesting b/c the trend was south.

The low position still isn't great for CAE and I'm pretty much throwing that NAM out for the area. Temps will screw it all.

I'm not sure man....only about 42 hrs to go....we are going to need to see it with this run if any NW trending is going to happen IMO
It doesn't matter, it will end up further NW than what the models show on the day it starts snowing with the highest totals.

Despite the s/w being stronger this run, the NAM gives a nod to the global models in showing continued suppression of this first wave... The slightly delayed timing is to blame and allows for the SE CAN vortex to more effectively squash our storm. NAM may not be done trending south & more suppressed...
Yep southward trend still ongoing no doubt, at least so far it hasn't suppressed it to oblivion

Despite the s/w being stronger this run, the NAM gives a nod to the global models in showing continued suppression of this first wave... The slightly delayed timing is to blame and allows for the SE CAN vortex to more effectively squash our storm. NAM may not be done trending south & more suppressed...
If it keeps getting more and more suppressed would this by chance somehow help us with the 2nd storm?

This screams elevations at 1200'+ Lookout Mountain is setting pretty ATM

IMG_8668.png

Back