• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Winter-Whamby Land

I'm sick of these pooping hurricanes every year. The SER is the poop devil. Breaking hearts in the winter and causing a favorable environment for hurricanes to intensify and approach the coast in the fall.

This stupid ass hurricane is so boring! I mean wake me in 32 days when I get some sprinkles from a cold front! 99% of people on the board aren’t going to see a drop of rain! It’s like tracking a North Dakota snow storm, who gives AF

ForsythSnow

Staff member
This stupid ass hurricane is so boring! I mean wake me in 32 days when I get some sprinkles from a cold front! 99% of people on the board aren’t going to see a drop of rain! It’s like tracking a North Dakota snow storm, who gives AF
Let's see. We now have several Floridian members who joined because of this storm, it's the most intense hurricane for that part of the world, and oh yeah, NC has a chance at being effected. Yes I know over here we are about to become a desert again but that's what happens after months of above normal rainfall. I'm not sure I can say the same about your desert up there.

BirdManDoomW

Strange Bird
I will take some clouds and gusts to 30mph. Better than sun and calm. Plus I really wouldn’t rule out a outer band finding its way to sprinkle areas back to or just before the blue ridge.

Myfrotho704_

It’ll make its own cold air
Could use some rain.... because pop up thunderstorm season is pretty much over lol, my favorite time, gone.... it’s mostly cool, chilly, or cold rains from here on out

Myfrotho704_

It’ll make its own cold air
Another mega September ridge incoming. Maybe we will get a fall like air mass by December

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
no We know how early December works, winter storm, them torch, then we see a “favorable” pattern in the long range, we talk about how there’s gonna be many sleepless nights, then as time gets closer, the SER makes itself known, cherry trees bloom early, we then get 1 week or brutal cold, but to cold and to suppressed for snow, then the Bermuda high revs up its fryers with return flow with brief icing for the blue ridge/cad areas that birdman makes a thread on about, and we get a decent amount of rain from it, and it warms up, same thing happens February, then March we get major AK ridging, and ridging trying to set up on Greenland, and it gets cold, with a few wintry threats, but we still manage to squeeze in a severe weather threat, especially at the end of March

Last edited:
I'm good on rain given how August and the start of September has been, but I'm pretty disappointed that it appears that a real fall is a long way away.

Weather pattern currently is eerily similar to the same time in 2016. Looks like September will be mostly very warm/hot, but with lower dew points, so we won't have the oppressive humidity to go with it.

no We know how early December works, winter storm, them torch, then we see a “favorable” pattern in the long range, we talk about how there’s gonna be many sleepless nights, then as time gets closer, the SER makes itself known, cherry trees bloom early, we then get 1 week or brutal cold, but to cold and to suppressed for snow, then the Bermuda high revs up its fryers with return flow with brief icing for the blue ridge/cad areas, and we get a decent amount of rain from it, and it warms up, same thing happens February, then March we get major AK ridging, and ridging trying to set up on Greenland, and it gets cold, with a few wintry threats, but we still manage to squeeze in a severe weather threat, especially at the end of March
I laughed.

So detailed.