• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Oh shetleys had that gimmick since the early 00s
Cant wait for the el nino rains to fade and pre La nina summer coming up. Makes my lips chapped and dry just thinking about all the future drought post inbound. But I do enjoy his post

Cant wait for the el nino rains to fade and pre La nina summer coming up. Makes my lips chapped and dry just thinking about all the future drought post inbound. But I do enjoy his post
Don’t forget the annual post that he makes that it looks like this is the summer that the southeast has widespread 110-120 degree heat.

To be fair the model that shows the worst possible thing for us is usually right. Why would the models all show the great pattern and the suddenly one decides to go rogue? If the gfs is really that bad it should be trashed.

There's a sick part of me that wants the pattern to dump down the WC and fire a nice 591 ridge across the SE
I have to go up to Penn State in two weeks. As much as I want snow, I want the east coast to be snowless so my plans don't get canceled.

To be fair the model that shows the worst possible thing for us is usually right. Why would the models all show the great pattern and the suddenly one decides to go rogue? If the gfs is really that bad it should be trashed.
Ok…this is how bad and poor of a model the GFS is… within 72 hours of the 1/17/22 storm, the GFS did the miller B transfer to a new low pressure not on the coast, not on the wedge boundary, but literally inside the CAD. This is a model that often gives solutions that defy physics. Again, you can’t say that a model is right about a timeframe when it will give completely different solutions every 6 hours

Part of me is thinking some of these government run models are trying to implement a lot of climo, especially experimental climo and causing some of the warm heat swings as we head towards the end of February.

I am still all in for a plethora of chances coming up.

Part of me is thinking some of these government run models are trying to implement a lot of climo, especially experimental climo and causing some of the warm heat swings as we head towards the end of February.

I am still all in for a plethora of chances coming up.

I think the GFS is picking up on a lack of cross polar flow. This is the one essential ingredient without which there’s not much of anything wintry outside of -NAO driven cold in the NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back