• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I mean i'd agree with you if we were comparing an 6z 144hr panel of the operational to the a control run... but we don't have that.

I'll bet on the model with fresh data every time. Especially once we get inside day 5/6.

hell yeah man. how was the storm- live up to your expectations?

kind of wild you have round 2, basically the same storm, right on your heels. always thought it's cool how meteorology works like that sometimes lol

hell yeah man. how was the storm- live up to your expectations?

kind of wild you have round 2, basically the same storm, right on your heels. always thought it's cool how meteorology works like that sometimes lol
It was awesome! Think official airport total was 12.8”
Had a clipper swing through last night with about 2”
Then whatever happens tonight through Saturday ( could easily be another foot) colder air with this storm( upper 20s), last storm was 32 the whole event!
Yes it was better than I expected!! You never expect the crazy NWS totals that kept going up, we’re achievable ( final call map was 11-15”) to work out!

It was awesome! Think official airport total was 12.8”
Had a clipper swing through last night with about 2”
Then whatever happens tonight through Saturday ( could easily be another foot) colder air with this storm( upper 20s), last storm was 32 the whole event!
Yes it was better than I expected!! You never expect the crazy NWS totals that kept going up, we’re achievable ( final call map was 11-15”) to work out!
totally jealous. not to get your hopes up looks like you're going to be in that northern-ish area of the snow shield where NWP has a tendency to underdo frontogenesis and totals in general. rooting for more overperformance for you

totally jealous. not to get your hopes up looks like you're going to be in that northern-ish area of the snow shield where NWP has a tendency to underdo frontogenesis and totals in general. rooting for more overperformance for you
The GFS 12z, kind of shows what you’re talking about, I thinkA471B01D-0099-4696-8347-D63D2D9C71C8.pngD01AAC31-212F-4E33-837E-FD017A76140F.png1633DB0B-607B-49E3-8072-76FCB2BBD454.png1633DB0B-607B-49E3-8072-76FCB2BBD454.png

Where exactly is the Midsouth? Is it those regions in between the deep and upper south such as Memphis, Chattanooga and Charlotte ? Perhaps even Tupelo, Huntsville, Dalton, and Greenville ?

Pain! We (by we I mean me and everyone of us Rah eastward lol) need a better cold press, that low is almost perfect location....

gfs_T850_us_21.png

Back