• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

32°F light snow still falling with 5 inches total on the ground. I'll post some pictures and videos later today.

It's going to be interstate driving, only until around the Chattahoochee National Forest in far Northwest Georgia and we aren't about to go yet. As long as the interstates are fine, we can go as planned.

I would venture to say this was the heaviest snow in NW Atl suburbs since March 93...

I would agree with this. The big storm a few years ago, when the city was shut down for 4-5 days (was that 2010? I cannot recall now - that storm started on a Sunday and ran through into Monday)... we only got about 8" here. It was just much colder, and had a layer of ice in it, and the wind drifted it under eaves and bushes so it *looked* like more than it was. And it stayed cold all week and basically did not melt at all.

This storm has definitely brought us larger totals here, but because there was no wind to speak of, protected areas beneath coverings of any kind are completely bare. Kind of funny looking!

That band is finally here. And it is RAIN. Ready for spring.Let's get winter OUT of here now.

Riding this straight to the cliff.... it's not its long range so I'm actually fairly hopeful especially seeing what's happening out west now. Also this could actually have higher rates closer to 10:1 so who knows maybe a good dusting
703fc9b54a61f10b677bc3c7c5f25b96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Looks like we aren't that far away from having a decent temp profile 925 and 700mb is good still a little warm at 850 but with west winds at that level we should see them cool

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back