• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Tiny flakes.... but all snow... got almost s dusting with more radar returns coming .. probably about 2 hours... will be doing good to see an inch.... which is really great to see in early December... disappointing that i was in the sweet spot but it verified about 20 miles to my NW.... 2 things that did hold soild.... fear the NW trend....don’t be in the sweet spot days out... all in all though.... fabulous job NAM!!! What an incredible storm!!! (Some of us will now give pause to our “clown” maps)....Really a treat for Deep South in December!! Merry Christmas all!!! And to all a good, good night!

Almost seems like another band is trying to form behind the current one... insane.
The latest HRRR shows it backbuilding a bit. If it's to be believed, I'm going to see nice snow over the next 5-6 hours, but knowing my luck, probably not. Has me snowing until 15z(10 AM) with some bouts of heavy snow particularly around 8 AM.

Just drove in from Stone Mountain to work in Decatur. Nice moderate snow on going. Roads not too bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Still snowing! About to go get a measurement and have some fun in it! Will get back with totals later this morning! Deformation band didn’t have too heavy of snow but it was persistent

Still snowing! About to go get a measurement and have some fun in it! Will get back with totals later this morning! Deformation band didn’t have too heavy of snow but it was persistent
Currently 8 inches and still snowing! Tied the highest amount I have seen. However, there is melting on cement and on asphalt where vehicles drove. Lots of black ice tomorrow I expect.

It's west of me just like I thought it would be. Never got a single flake here. Spring can not come soon enough.

I've got eight inches on the pole. Counting what melted before the big show, I'm gonna say my official total is 9" inches. Big limb on the garage, limb on my just build shed, big limb on the deck. It's stunning outside.

Power been out for 9 hrs now, down to 50 degrees in the house. There are over 26000 outages from our power company alone.

Back