• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

2.5 inches in Sandy Springs, GA, just north of Atlanta. I can't remember a day where the temperature has budged as little as it has today. At 10:30 a.m. it was down to 34 where it has basically remained until now. That's 8+ hours of pretty much the exact same temperature.

I just hope for a dusting.
We should get a quick inch at least. It's just up the road now, and the band is still a few counties wide. These kind of storms are so anti climatic for us. Moving ever so slowly, and the cold air slow to move in to the caa over head. The cut off line is always a heart breaker for amounts, but we should get something. T

Hard to believe its been dumping snow all day here and 30 miles south of here nothing. Hoping that the folks south of here can get in on the fun too.

FFC.N0C.20171209.0018.gif

Still snowing in Woodstock Ga, last check on the deck had 6.5 inches and that’s with that e melting we had during the midaftenoon. The streets are
Covered again and we have been powerless since someone took out a power pole down the road.

Man, where I'm heading to tomorrow has been dry for a while and may just get a little from round 2 later tonight, too bad, they've stayed pretty cold though so perhaps the snow they did get doesn't melt too much before I get there.

And I know good and well that the NWS map (although preliminary) is wrong even before I get there. I've seen two pictures around LaFayette and Summerville and there's more than "1 inch of snow" at both places (Summerville is close to the higher totals though).

Big flakes are back after a period of very fine small flakes, closing in on 8” now
Edit that: we have reached the 8” mark lol

Last edited:
Back