• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Rain/Snow line seems to be stalled...:/...not sure I'll changeover before midnight at this rate...The northwestern half of the metro is getting a historic storm and the southeastern half is getting almost nothing. It's crazy.

Not too diff from 1/1987 though diagonal was then further SE with flash flooding SE of the diagonal

Don't under estimate the deformation axis if it does form.

I bet for y’all it could do great, I may be too far west, but we will see. Our part of McCalla is in extreme SW Jefferson, we pretty much almost touch part of Bibb, Shelby, and Tuscaloosa County. I’m optimistic though for some more flakes. I can’t wait to see how it evolves tonight.

I just want y’all to know how much I love this forum and talking weather with all of you. I don’t have many friends that are into weather like we all are. Today has been amazing. All of the model watching paid off, and snow in the south is just extra special.

I'm going to try to show you it is every 30 minutes
FFC.N0C.20171208.2257.gif

Radar is concerning. I hope we get some back building or snows about to end.

Atlanta stations showing Lagrange changing over to snow around midnight... and FFC is adding Lagrange (troup co) to WSW.

Hrrr shows more precip currently than is actually on radar. Just something to keep in mind

Another heavy band. Ive been glued to the radar because the radar has been glued on me lol

Back