• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

HRRR continues to Backbuild into Central Alabama on its runs and honestly keeps trending better and better. I couldn’t ask for anything else, but tonight may be fun as well! People in East Alabama will have a foot somewhere!
I hope it is right, but radar returns look to be drying up back in MS

Does anyone have a link to the CC radar? Need to see exactly where the rain/snow line is at in the Atlanta area.

Just go to NEXRAD sites, click the radar that's closest to you, then you'll see a host of variables on the left side of the screen, and you should find what you're looking for there
http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

FFC.N0C.20171208.2233.gif

Local met here in Pensacola now on board with snow here in pensacola between midnight and 3 am.

Yep this is from the deformation band that's affecting areas from just NW of Atlanta down to south-central Alabama, and is anticipated to pivot through central GA and produce some snow even for areas well south of ATL

If you actually look at the HRRR model it shows precip dying off there but regenerates the precip over central AL into GA

National weather service mentioned the snow chances tonight in there special weather statement. This storm may have another surprise in it. With temps dropping, another 1/4-1/2 inch would be sweet!

National weather service mentioned the snow chances tonight in there special weather statement. This storm may have another surprise in it. With temps dropping, another 1/4-1/2 inch would be sweet!

Don't under estimate the deformation axis if it does form.

Power just went out here in Marietta. Lots of big pine branches coming down.
Power going off and on several times here in Acworth over the last 30 minutes. Limbs down in my yard and others. I could only imagine how it will look come first light in the am.

Back