• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

HRRR still trying to rope me in for tomorrow....
hrrr_radar_northcarolina_18.png

From what I just heard on a call in show... Guy from Chicago said they haven t gotten snow yet this year??? WTH

May be true. When I looked up "snow in Mexico" earlier today someone from Iowa said that Mexico has just had their first accumulating snow over them on Twitter.

Had a round of pingers....followed by large flakes...looked like damn chicken feathers...now I’ve got this fine, granular mixture....either way, it’s still snowing... hopefully we can keep all the precip as snow for the rest of the night.

Just over 3 inches here now. I'm satisfied for winter! More coming too.

I’m over 3” here as well and it is coming down. Crazy rates to our SW.

I lived through the “granddaddy of ‘em all,” The Blizzard of 93. This storm, this early in winter, with these rates, may be the second-greatest snow event I’ve ever seen. Just amazing.

—30—

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked and we are at 6”, lights are flickering and you can hear limbs snapping from the weight of the snow like it’s an ice storm

HRRR is really interesting hours 11-14 for Central Alabama folks. Looks like a band forms at the end and snows a little bit with temps below freezing. Something to watch.

Back