• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Stuck at 33.4 degrees here in Dahlonega, Ga. Snow has been pouring down since before daylight, but very little accumulation, even on grassy surfaces. It would be truly beautiful if we could drop a couple of degrees.
Drive up to Woody gap and that will be resolved. It's not far from you and elevation is over 3000 feet.

Yeah figures the model completely botched the forecast which was entirely dependent on precipitation rate and latent heating... Warm snowstorms are a pain to forecast
I'm with you though I think the idea of a deform band has legs, Shane has been saying it too I think we get a shot of some backend snow tomorrow. Who knows maybe it too will over perform

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The snow is very heavy and wet. Trees are already bending from the weight of the snow. The potential for wide spread power outages might be a problem. Around 2 inches here in Cave Spring Ga

Cobb County GA just announced they would stagger release their students early today. Around the times the heavy bands move in from Alabama. This has 2014 written all over it.

Just made a drive up the 85/75 from Hartsfield. Rain mixed with sleet at the airport...started to see snow mix in downtown. Up at the Perimeter Mall area now ...light accumulation already visible at the GA 400/Abernathy exit...all looks to be slowly sliding south

I measured about 2 inches in my yard about hour ago in Yorkville Ga I would venture to say at this point son far from 3

Back