• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Shortly after my last update we turned to all snow in Wedowee. Light accumulations on grassy surfaces, roofs, and vehicles.

After looking at the HRRR I would guess that some areas in the mountains of N GA and NC would end up with some significant snow. It appears that it will be snowing throughout the day and into the night according to that model.

Hopefully this storm will over perform as it heads east Northeast into the Carolinas. Have seen many storms come through and do this....Jan 2000 comes to mind. On the other hand I've seen it go the other way as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Guys please stop with the banter. "Mother of God", "OKAY", "Thanks", How much for Xx? I got a sleet pellett etc is not meant for this thread. We all do it (including me at times) but let's cut down on it okay?

Stuck at 33.4 degrees here in Dahlonega, Ga. Snow has been pouring down since before daylight, but very little accumulation, even on grassy surfaces. It would be truly beautiful if we could drop a couple of degrees.

It's like a drug.

Yeah it's a very addictive drug at that. Well it is possible but not likely yet anyways that we score if a deform band like that begins to develop, the upper level dynamics support it given this storm is being augmented by one of the strongest jet streaks ever observed in our part of the world over New England and Atlantic Canada.

HRRR cut off line in NC is around Burlington or just East. Going to be really close for folks in the Triangle

Man I kinda wonder if we're even able to go to LaFayette tomorrow looking at radar returns >_>. Not talking about home, which will likely be completely all rain, but if the radar is true roads will be getting bad from north/northwest of Atlanta on to there.

I can't confirm but I think it's snowing there right now and if so they also should be under WSW.

As it turns out I'm going to be right on my early speculation, but a day off LOL. I think we'll try still.

Just remember yesterday afternoon at the end of the HRRR run it was showing it pouring snow at 8 am this morning in Rah.... how did that work out?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah figures the model completely botched the forecast which was entirely dependent on precipitation rate and latent heating... Warm snowstorms are a pain to forecast

Back