• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Clouds are getting dark here now! It was brighter earlier what does this mean...changeover coming soon?

Roads are really bad in my area...people should not have had to work today. I have saw so many wrecks, traffic is jammed....this is not good. I feel like they have downplayed road conditions thus employers are making people go in.

Clouds are getting dark here now! It was brighter earlier what does this mean...changeover coming soon?

It just means the heavier precipitation back off to your south & west is headed in your direction. It's not immediately going to be snow because the column aloft is too warm, you'll have to waste some QPF on melting snowflakes to cool the air temperature to freezing above the surface to get everything to go over to heavy, wet snow

Okay...bc the sleet is crazy
It just means the heavier precipitation back off to your south & west is headed in your direction. It's not immediately going to be snow because the column aloft is too warm, you'll have to waste some QPF on melting snowflakes to cool the air temperature to freezing above the surface to get everything to go over to heavy, wet snow

Seeing the road temps dropping and the snow rates back in Alabama moving this way, I am afraid especially W, NW and N of Atlanta the roads are going to get bad, quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone explain to me how it can be pouring snow in N GA and over state lines its not even coming a flurry. The air must be real dry have had returns over me for a while and still no snow southeast TN
Downtown Cleveland here and it has been spitting a couple flakes/sleet off and on. The air is super dry - crossing my fingers that we can saturate enough to maybe get a dusting!

Back