• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Also rain starting to pick up Decatur area. Hopefully can get heavy returns and change over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Web sorry I'm going to be a weenie, but I'm worried with daytime heating I'm going to switch back to rain. Where do you think the rain snow line will be this afternoon in the north Georgia area? Thanks man for all you do here

Web sorry I'm going to be a weenie, but I'm worried with daytime heating I'm going to switch back to rain. Where do you think the rain snow line will be this afternoon in the north Georgia area? Thanks man for all you do here
Its almost the lowest sun angle of the year with clouds and precip...you aren't going to move much

Not a bad idea. I might head out after work if things are close

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah might as well, where it's snowing (most likely to our NW), it's going to snow like no tomorrow w/ monstrous flakes if it manages to do so

12z hrrr is trolling the Charlotte area very hard:
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Its almost the lowest sun angle of the year with clouds and precip...you aren't going to move much
I agree. Sun angle is great. Also, the warm nose is not moving much and is cooling. The heaviest isn't here yet and will keep getting cooler. Around noon, it may get heavy enough to cover the roads. Roads only a degree or two away from freezing.

Right but the issue I thought was the upper level warm nose? At my home it's raining with flakes at 34 but 20 miles nw full snow.

Okay thanks forsythsnow answered my question.

Like Webber said HRRR still developing another snow band later this evening/night over AL/GA.
Valid 06z (1am eastern)
43a4e0a8a4164e0d8624ba3fce85dbe4.jpg

Not sure how accurate it is, but my weather channel app now has it snowing up till 6:00 a.m. tomorrow

Yeah might as well, where it's snowing (most likely to our NW), it's going to snow like no tomorrow w/ monstrous flakes if it manages to do so
I just looked at the sounding of that HRRR run where we flip to snow. Pretty crazy to see the warm nose obliterated in less than an hour by heavy precip, I think its possible but we couldn't be that lucky could we?

I’ve never been so close but yet so far.. I’m in conyers ga right now might end up chasing this.. models literally have several inches of snow 30 miles northwest of here while absolutely nothing here.

Also rain starting to pick up Decatur area. Hopefully can get heavy returns and change over.

Yeah I am done. Winter is cancelled yet again in our area. I can't even look at FB now, no way I am touching the pictures thread here.

Just for once I'd like it to pound SE of 85 and leave north atlanta dry or cold rain. Just once. So sick of getting the smallest hopes up only to have this happen.

I’ve never been so close but yet so far.. I’m in conyers ga right now might end up chasing this.. models literally have several inches of snow 30 miles northwest of here while absolutely nothing here.
Don't waste your time I am about 30 miles NW of conyers and there isn't jack here.

Wow, I️ literally forgot I️ had a friend that lives up in Dahlonega what the hell am I️ doing here.

Back