• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

One short term model gets warmer, another gets colder, this is all too confusing, I know mets are losing hair over this.

South MS looking at heavy rain in the WSW area. Going to be hard to get much accum. out of a soaking wet ground....maybe be the same for anyone starting out as rain in South AL.

One short term model gets warmer, another gets colder, this is all too confusing, I know mets are losing hair over this.
Absolutely!!!! The devil is in the details for sure! I was just thinking that myself... even now... just hours from the event... one model shows me near the jackpot area... the other has all rain ..., ugh... wish i was smarter in meteorology...someone please say a short prayer for me tomorrow... if school is not closed... and it snows... ugh. :eek: Kids already riled up like it’s spring break!

South MS looking at heavy rain in the WSW area. Going to be hard to get much accum. out of a soaking wet ground....maybe be the same for anyone starting out as rain in South AL.
It can be quickly overcome with heavier rates. Can't wait to see the second surge of moisture take shape overnight and move NE tomorrow morning

Different scenarios but there have been times where I've gotten accumulating snow on a wet ground fwiw

It can be quickly overcome with heavier rates. Can't wait to see the second surge of moisture take shape overnight and move NE tomorrow morning
True. I still think the 20/59 corridor is the winner in AL....especially east of Bham

Back