• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

If I lived in the central and western piedmont of NC I would be pretty pumped. This area may have the best chance to see heavier precip overlapping with a marginally supportive column

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Don't worry I am]

Ill never forget the Jan 11 storm. If i had lived 20 miles south i would have had nothing. Fortunately i ended up with 4". I think thats the storm that screwed Brent.

North of there...but near Lagrange
I'm just a little wetter than virga here, and it looks like some heavier precip went thru you. Glad right here on the edge of the precip it's cold enough up there :) Like always it looks like the last few hours will tell the tale for us down here. NWS usually does pretty good in there own back yard.

If Atlanta gets an inch of snow tomorrow, it will be the second earliest EVER!

If you mean going back to 1930, which is what I'm assuming, I agree (2nd to 1971). However, back to 1879, it would either be the 4th or 5th earliest.
By the way, my favorite analog of 2000 also was snowy with two snows: 2.5" and 0.5", but with both much later in the month.

Pretty frustrated! Just a couple days ago I was in a good position to see some nice snow. I live just south of Peachtree City in Senoia. We got only sleet in 2014. I don’t think I’ve seen a actual snowflake since 2011.

If you mean going back to 1930, which is what I'm assuming, I agree (2nd to 1971). However, back to 1879, it would either be the 4th or 5th earliest.
By the way, my favorite analog of 2000 also was snowy with two snows: 2.5" and 0.5", but with both much later in the month.

I forgot that there were also 2 1"+ Nov snows in ATL, 1 in 1968.

Yeah, Psalm, I've got pretty good bouncing rain here too. Just started.

T,
I'm pulling for you to get some sleet out of this though it isn't a big sleet setup without the wedge.

Pretty frustrated! Just a couple days ago I was in a good position to see some nice snow. I live just south of Peachtree City in Senoia. We got only sleet in 2014. I don’t think I’ve seen a actual snowflake since 2011.
Ive said it once and ill say it again. The Atl metro is the most frustrating place to live when it comes to winter weather. Id rather live in Birmingham or Dallas. They are usually not as borderline during winter events as Atl is. Just ask Brent. This is especially true for the south metro.

Back