• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

3k NAM... good verification in events like this?? Or HRRR?? Not too familiar with that version of NAM.

Speaking for mby specifically I am interested to see what we do in the morning. I think a good part of this area goes to rain or rain/ sleet mix during the afternoon then all rain tomorrow night. The profiles until early afternoon are close enough to make you wonder if some snow may mix in or all snow at times is possible.

Saturday has really grabbed my attention since the models seem to be trending slower with the southern energy and we nearly get a phase. I wouldn't at all surprised to see the radar fill back in over central NC Saturday afternoon and a nice band of light to moderate snow move across the state.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3k NAM... good verification in events like this?? Or HRRR?? Not too familiar with that version of NAM.
Both aren't bad. I think the 3k nam does well with the mid level thermal structure. Just based off of last year I think the hrrr might have a tendency to cool the atmosphere in projected heavier rates and show snow/sleet where it's just a cold rain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back