• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I still say if 6-8" fall more than an inch or two will accumulate.

EASILY!! That dang NAM run about caused me to run off the road. Charlie sent me the model and I went crazy. I have never seen that dark of blue pounding on top of my house. Looked intense. I don't even want to see another run, because itll just disappoint me now lol.

Here's the 3KM NAM positive snow depth change through hour 26. The northern shift is very apparent.

nam3km_asnowd_seus_27.png

After looking at most recent models, Atlanta looks to be about 50 miles too south. I’m going to predict we will be on the wrong side of the 850 line for the majority of the storm.
You feel the same way for areas southwest of Atl like Carrollton ?

So many maps, some little NW some staying little south. Im in the middel lol. Its nowcast time, because no matter what the models say as of now, we should be watching the radar

*cough* northern expansion.
If yall keep saying shift yall will give our southern people a keniption.

It's not just an expansion. The heaviest snow axis is shifting to the north. Rome was not the winners in previous runs. Now it's one of the places in GA you'll want to be at if the NAM 3KM is to be believed. The 850mb temps are also now above 0c in the Atlanta area whereas in previous runs, it was below 0c for a lot of the storm.

Dont know if being in the sweet spot on these maps even this close is a good thing lol. I can’t get 2 yrs ago out of my mind when it looked so good for my area right up to go time and it all went downhill

Back