• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Lol, I'm not holding my breath :) But I have been in the hot zone all along, and that's new for me all the way up to this close to a storm. Usually it does the Bart Simpson fanny waggle as the goes by to the north within hours of showtime. I'm still waiting for the ax to fall, but so far no Lucy. T
You have been in the hot zone the whole time and we are like 12-18 hours from showtime.
Lol, I'm not holding my breath :) But I have been in the hot zone all along, and that's new for me all the way up to this close to a storm. Usually it does the Bart Simpson fanny waggle as the goes by to the north within hours of showtime. I'm still waiting for the ax to fall, but so far no Lucy. T
Is your roof in pretty good shape ?

How reliable is the Rap?
Tends to be on the cold side compared to other models. I wouldn't rely on it for thermal profiles. I think the HRRR, NAM 3K, and RGEM are much more accurate with forecasting the warm nose.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_17.png

Make sure for those of you on the edge of snow or rain, to check moisture in the Dendritic Growth Zone. If you don't have moisture in the area to generate snow flakes, you will not turn over. While this might not be a problem for some, this could become a problem for areas waiting for a change over on the very back-edge of the precipitation.

Back