• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Anyone who has backyard plants they don't want to lose, may want to make sure they are protected. Snow or no snow, it will be very cold. I got lulled into a sense of complacency with the recent warm temps, but this system kinda woke me up. Anything like Garlic, onions etc that you want for spring, it would be best to mulch as soon as possible. If you have not done so already.

Looks like the best thing for folks in the Triangle is to be happy with seeing some snow fall, especially this early on in winter, and maybe be surprised if we get more to accumulate than the models show.

How is Birmingham looking, new guy here
It's gonna be close. Still could use another 25 mile shift NW. Either way as claycochaser pointed out, even if we see a light accumulation it will more than likely melt off after the precip starts unless the cold push speeds up

It's gonna be close. Still could use another 25 mile shift NW. Either way as claycochaser pointed out, even if we see a light accumulation it will more than likely melt off after the precip starts unless the cold push speeds up
Storm how did you get the RGEM so early

So far nothing new on the facebook discussion. They are just talking about the forecast that they put together this morning before sunrise. I would expect the new graphics this afternoon to up totals a little imo.

Please ease up on the imby questions. Looking at the GFS, those totals are inflated due to marginal temps at varying levels (depending on one's location) plus the GFS should not be relied on at this time frame (if ever :))

Back