• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-22 Final Grades

Had potential but a D. It was a good snow event but only saw frozen one time; no sustained cold at all, nothing below 20, December and Feb both torches, Jan only "coolish," and even March to be a torch. The one snow saved it from being a 2011-2012 and total F-.
Rating a winter with a 6-7” snow a D sounds MAish weenie esque, that’s a B at the very least

Last edited:
I said B minimum a while back so I’ll stick to my guns. I’ll say B-. Best grade since 2014. Saw a great event followed up by a surprise inch a week later but we really lacked the prolonged cold snap that would have rounded this winter out. I had snow on the ground for over 10 days at one point so no complaints here. Nice to see it can still snow more than an inch at a time.

Rating a winter with a 6-7” snow a D sounds MAish weenie esque, that’s a B at the very least

I’d agree 1,000,000 % IF he were solely basing his grade on snow since 6-7” is way above normal. But snow is not everything to everyone. He clearly is putting a lot of weight on temperatures, which overall were AN.

@Iceagewhereartthou

Last edited:
I’d agree 1,000,000 % IF he were solely basing his grade on snow since 6-7” is way above normal. But snow is not everything to everyone. He clearly is putting a lot of weight on temperatures, which overall were AN.

@Iceagewhereartthou
Correct. I average about 5 inches and got 7.5. So if total snow were my only criteria it would indeed be a B, since I would reserve an A for finally getting a double digit season. However, I also average seeing frozen at least 2-3 times, even if it doesn't stick; I mean, I saw it 5 times last year. So only seeing frozen once is a big deduction in my book. Then, temps were indeed very disapponting this year; very warm overall. So my grade for WINTER (not just one snowfall; which doesn't make a whole season, IMO) is a D.

A.... 10.5inches of snow from one storm plus getting to see snow fall a few other times was great. Had several mornings with lows in the 20's was nice also but that warm December was the only reason i did not give it an A plus !!!!

A.... 10.5inches of snow from one storm plus getting to see snow fall a few other times was great. Had several mornings with lows in the 20's was nice also but that warm December was the only reason i did not give it an A plus !!!!
10.5 inches??

I (honestly) don't think were done with Winter......

YET..

In My 58 years, I've experienced too many Mid-March, Big Dog snows.. Cement/Concrete stuff usually gone with-in a day or 2.. So, I'm not Submitting (MY) Final grade yet..

Assuming climo is a C, then a D at best. Really wonder the next time we’ll have an above average winter. Even the mountains have had a tough winter.

B+ that 7inch snow storm made the entire winter. If we had a little more cold I’d say A. But for me B+. Our snow storm this year one of my favorite storms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season-to-date map I put together a few weeks ago, I'll have to make a few tweaks to it as the mountains have seen a few additional low-end events since then. C winter overall across NC for snow/ice w/ ~6" on average.

FL_P-CtUYAAD8Re

A+ and that was from one 8 inch snow in January that I base that grade off of. Im not sure how anyone that gets 6 or more inches of snow in the south is grading the winter less then A+. Season total is at 12.9 inches with a total of 9 different days that snow fell from the sky. Temps overall in January and February were actually right around normal. The lows were very cold while the highs were slightly above which is what put me closer to an average mean.
Here are the receipts ?
2DBCC021-E1C7-4565-9A50-3F060F4CA0AF.jpeg912EBE04-E483-4F19-BE01-E45471164191.jpeg87764C71-568E-4B71-8EF7-6AAACD556B2A.jpeg

A+ and that was from one 8 inch snow in January that I base that grade off of. Im not sure how anyone that gets 6 or more inches of snow in the south is grading the winter less then A+. Season total is at 12.9 inches with a total of 9 different days that snow fell from the sky. Temps overall in January and February were actually right around normal. The lows were very cold while the highs were slightly above which is what put me closer to an average mean.
Here are the receipts ?
View attachment 114769View attachment 114770View attachment 114771
Yep, exactly

depending on how this weekend goes...may have to upgrade our north Alabama weather grade

Back