• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Which would you prefer

Sometimes I wish we had better mid level lapse rates in the summer to compensate for less heat and humidity, but the only days we get Huge cape is like 93/75 with 5.9 LRs, we suck

Yeah it's hard to because in the summer over the SE US we're usually near the Azores-Bermuda high's mid-level ridge axis >>> warmth & crappy mid-level lapse rates.

Yeah it's hard to because in the summer over the SE US we're usually near the Azores-Bermuda high's mid-level ridge axis >>> warmth & crappy mid-level lapse rates.
I guess the only positive with that is the lack of a capping inversion, only good hail days in summer seemingly come from NW flow stuff with transport of a EML, seems so hard to do the past few years In summer, hmm let’s stick a desert to our SW/S so we can get our own EML

Last edited:
I guess the only positive with that is the lack of a capping inversion, only good hail days in summer seemingly come from NW flow stuff with transport of a EML, seems so hard to do the past few years In summer, hmm let’s stick a desert to our SW/S so we can get our own EML
I have a desert roughly 40 miles SW of me actually . Starts in that corner around northwestern Harnett county . Think one of our admin lives there

Back