• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Where would you live?

W

WSW

If you were able to move to another state south of the Mason Dixon line where would it be, and why?

If I won the lottery and could build a "dream" home, I would stay here in NC. But, the house would be built on top of Beech Mountain (over a mile up in elevation). I actually own a second home in Boone (still needs renovations). I've got kids living in it right now going to App State. Even if they were out of the house, I would continue to primarily live at my current location. I love this area and we do seem to be in the "game" for most winter storms outside the mountains. Now if I won that lottery....

If I won the lottery and could build a "dream" home, I would stay here in NC. But, the house would be built on top of Beech Mountain (over a mile up in elevation). I actually own a second home in Boone (still needs renovations). I've got kids living in it right now going to App State. Even if they were out of the house, I would continue to primarily live at my current location. I love this area and we do seem to be in the "game" for most winter storms outside the mountains. Now if I won that lottery....
Haha. I hear ya! Western NC is really nice. I'm definitely more of a mountain/elevation person than coastal.

I don't think i'm familiar with Jonesville.
According to the poster there it's 110-120 in the summer and never rains.

For a real answer to this question though I wouldn't move too far away maybe 50-100 miles W or NW from where I'm at to get a little better snow climo but still an easy drive to the beach. I'm not sure you can get much better than out in Randolph, Davidson, Rowan counties where it's the heart of the wedge and summer is a few degrees cooler than this eastern NC hell

According to the poster there it's 110-120 in the summer and never rains.

For a real answer to this question though I wouldn't move too far away maybe 50-75 miles W or NW from where I'm at to get a little better snow climo but still an easy drive to the beach
LOL, Awesome. I absolutely loved heading to the beach when i was younger.

Reactions: SD
Southern Missouri is absolutely gorgeous. I would move to SE MO to be closer to a majority of large extension of family outside of St Louis. And yes, it's south of the MD Line.

Mason-and-Dixon-Line.jpg

Southern Missouri is absolutely gorgeous. I would move to SE MO to be closer to a majority of large extension of family outside of St Louis. And yes, it's south of the MD Line.

Mason-and-Dixon-Line.jpg
Branson is very popular and the cost of living looks pretty low. I've only driven through Missouri on I-44 and I-70. Wouldn't mind checking out northern Missouri but not sure i want to be closer to tornado alley.

Jackson Hole Wyoming. That’s the only place I would want to move to anywhere. Why idk just looks like a nice little town on the web cams and they get a lot of snow. Seems like a low key slow pace type of place which is perfect for me.

Jackson Hole Wyoming. That’s the only place I would want to move to anywhere. Why idk just looks like a nice little town on the web cams and they get a lot of snow. Seems like a low key slow pace type of place which is perfect for me.
Never been to Wyoming but fell in love with Colorado. Drove out there from the East Coast in '95. I love the temp changes with elevation. So much open space. No humidity!! Absolutely gorgeous. Haha, i also check out the web cams out there too.

Got to be a millionaire , richest zip code in us. Nothing but billionaires with second homes

Back