• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ukraine Banter Thread

the way folks want to cut oil out, we all will be making them like my grandma did and that's the old fashioned way.
Nobody is saying cut it out but how about not demonizing any attempt to move on from it eventually? That would be a good start

Be part of a solution to a problem or contribute to the problem one or the other. Rejecting every attempt at reducing the need for oil by expanding green technology is scorned by many who then complain about how expensive oil is.
A little hyperbolic there, no one is rejecting "every" attempt at reducing the need for oil. Although, I thought we liked stuff from mother earth hmmm

A little hyperbolic there, no one is rejecting "every" attempt at reducing the need for oil. Although, I thought we liked stuff from mother earth hmmm

Not really, a lot of conservatives treat any attempt to go green as a negative, gas prices will never be under $2 again outside of pandemics shutting down the world, heck getting excited for gas under $3 is going to be the new normal before too long since the amount of oil is pretty finite....and we are using it much much faster than its being created. Realistic estimates say 50-100 yrs of supply left at current usage rates...so even if you remove the environmental impacts from GHG from the equation the problem of limited supply still remains....the supply is finite, cheap gas is never going to come back because the oil being used can not be replaced..

Not really, a lot of conservatives treat any attempt to go green as a negative, gas prices will never be under $2 again outside of pandemics shutting down the world, heck getting excited for gas under $3 is going to be the new normal before too long since the amount of oil is pretty finite....and we are using it much much faster than its being created. Realistic estimates say 50-100 yrs of supply left at current usage rates...so even if you remove the environmental impacts from GHG from the equation the problem of limited supply still remains....the supply is finite, cheap gas is never going to come back because the oil being used can not be replaced..
You missed the point but it's ok, I love to read your very well thought out and articulated deflection comments. B's is calling your name eat some BBQ for me.

You missed the point but it's ok, I love to read your very well thought out and articulated deflection comments. B's is calling your name eat some BBQ for me.

Its not a deflection, conservatives poo poo green energy because they see it as a nefarious liberal plot to control their lives, I see it all over the place. The facts are the facts however....oil is gonna run out sooner than most think, this means gas prices will do nothing but go up....

B's it tough to get most of the time, I live 5 mins from Parker's and their fried chicken is the bomb sooooo I go to Parker's way more than B's which is a few times a year thing while at work ( closer and we can send someone to sit in line )

Imagine if you weren't beholden to oil/gas at all.
Imagine if you could find a way to dispose of car batteries. Or when ones on fire, the fire dept not refuse to get close enough to put out. Saw where one caught on fire and burned 3 others right beside it at the charging stations. FD refuses to get near when those things are on fire. This on top of the rain forest devastation to harvest a raw material used to make the ole electric battery hum/go.

B's rules the roost. Parkers aint bad either. The hidden treasure of living in eastern NC. Over here I have to find the Smithfield's in Gboro or do it myself. No fan of that Lex style.

Its not a deflection, conservatives poo poo green energy because they see it as a nefarious liberal plot to control their lives, I see it all over the place. The facts are the facts however....oil is gonna run out sooner than most think, this means gas prices will do nothing but go up....

B's it tough to get most of the time, I live 5 mins from Parker's and their fried chicken is the bomb sooooo I go to Parker's way more than B's which is a few times a year thing while at work ( closer and we can send someone to sit in line )
Labels are fun. Libertarians poo poo going green too. So do liberals. See how easy that is?

I gave a like for the last part of your post Lol.

Every conservative does not reject every attempt, that was hyperbole. But all libs want to completely get off fossil fuels, they haven't hidden the fact that they want to end the industry completely and it's not possible. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you, you of all people will be able to answer this for me. How many miles do you get on your electric vehicle before you have to charge it and how expensive is it to recharge at one of those charging ports? Also, I know you love to hunt those backwoods around the Pitt Co area, you getting back there on your electric truck? Electric four wheeler? or horseback?

Be part of a solution to a problem or contribute to the problem one or the other. Rejecting every attempt at reducing the need for oil by expanding green technology is scorned by many who then complain about how expensive oil is.
The problem is the "solutions" are pushed by politicians who plan on making profits ,not thought out long range about affects on the environment. Not one country that was part of the Paris fiasco agreed to do what their expensive study said they needed to. It allowed China and India to increase their carbon foot print and wealthy countries to buy poorer countries carbon footprints. The very most they agreed to was half of what they said they need to do. Costa Rico was the only country that meet what they agreed to meet. The rest of the countries agreed to to half or less than what the study said needed. None of them met it. They did however have countries very eagerly to make and sell things like batteries. They made no great attempts to clean things up , but they did figure out ways to make money. Nothing is green. Windmills parts are not easy to dispose of and kill a lot of birds. Solar has the same problem. You need petroleum to make solar and wind. I can only imagine the crap that is going into the ocean from those large solar farms China has floating on the ocean. You will need to remove trees to use solar panels in a lot of places and long periods of rain or snow will make solar not something to depend on. I have a hybrid and I love it , but I am concerned about where the battery will end up.

Every conservative does not reject every attempt, that was hyperbole. But all libs want to completely get off fossil fuels, they haven't hidden the fact that they want to end the industry completely and it's not possible. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you, you of all people will be able to answer this for me. How many miles do you get on your electric vehicle before you have to charge it and how expensive is it to recharge at one of those charging ports? Also, I know you love to hunt those backwoods around the Pitt Co area, you getting back there on your electric truck? Electric four wheeler? or horseback?
It's a smart thing to gradually reduce dependence on a resource that is declining in its availability. Agendas that push to grind it to a halt are foolish. Ignoring the fact that it is being depleted is also foolish. If someone would come up with a cheap green energy source that was easy and convenient to access, people would fall all over themselves to use it. Why hasn't that happened, since all the really smart people agree that it makes the most sense? Hmmm? Is it because the dumb conservatives try to block it at every turn? Well that hardly makes sense.

So it must be something else. That really leaves us 2 options: Either we're just too dumb to invent a cheap and convenient renewable energy source, or there must be a reason we haven't done it. I hope folks will gravitate toward the first option, lest they place themselves in the precarious position of stumbling headlong into the conspiracy theory realm *.

* Disclaimer: I have no super secret information, in case anyone is lurking about who may think such a thing.

Reliable electrics trucks are not to far off, at least hybrids....and they 4W drive to boot....I dont advocate ending oil or gasoline usage, but the FOCUS needs to be on getting off fossil fuels since they are going to run out. This needs to happen as quickly as technology allows for a multitude of reasons.

The average cost per month for a EV depends on how much you use it, what you pd for your last refill on your vehicles would pay for MONTHS on a EV.....https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-much-does-it-cost-to-charge-an-electric-car-we-do-the-math-11615580227

"To put this into perspective, let’s give an example. Let’s say you drive about 540 miles a month. For an EV, you will use 180 kWh in that time frame. Then, using the U.S. household average of 12 cents per kWh, that gets you to $21.60/month to charge an EV."

Reliable electrics trucks are not to far off, at least hybrids....and they 4W drive to boot....I dont advocate ending oil or gasoline usage, but the FOCUS needs to be on getting off fossil fuels since they are going to run out. This needs to happen as quickly as technology allows for a multitude of reasons.

The average cost per month for a EV depends on how much you use it, what you pd for your last refill on your vehicles would pay for MONTHS on a EV.....https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-much-does-it-cost-to-charge-an-electric-car-we-do-the-math-11615580227

"To put this into perspective, let’s give an example. Let’s say you drive about 540 miles a month. For an EV, you will use 180 kWh in that time frame. Then, using the U.S. household average of 12 cents per kWh, that gets you to $21.60/month to charge an EV."
I guess inflation doesn't effect electric companies :rolleyes:

You don't advocate ending oil but advocate that the focus needs to be on ending it...... got it

Also, I could've researched those prices, I was asking about your electric vehicles, I presumed you owned one or two or so since that should be our focus. :cool:

Back