• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Ukraine Banter Thread

Dude, do you even read the articles you post here?

View attachment 116109

"Comparable shares in both parties"

Both parties have idiots, that's no secret. But forums like this are a great way to identify exactly who those idiots are.
I agree. The troll thread has almost as many posts as an ongoing severe weather thread in the name sake region of the said forum.

If you look throughout history there have always been "New World Orders"... empires that have arisen and whose influence and power controlled much of the rest of the developed civilizations. Persian... Greek... Roman.. Mongol.. Russian.. Spanish.. English.. United States.. and probably China as the next. Empires have consistently lasted 200-400 yrs before being replaced by the next "New World Order"

If you look throughout history there have always been "New World Orders"... empires that have arisen and whose influence and power controlled much of the rest of the developed civilizations. Persian... Greek... Roman.. Mongol.. Russian.. Spanish.. English.. United States.. and probably China as the next. Empires have consistently lasted 200-400 yrs before being replaced by the next "New World Order"
This doesn't concern you?

Folks load a lot into the term "New World Order." I remember when George Bush took a lot of flack at the end of the Cold War for using the term. But, it can be "descriptive" and not necessarily "prescriptive." All it may mean for someone using it is describing a new status quo, as in this is what the world is going to look like, not necessarily some kind of sinister intent for global domination.

Folks load a lot into the term "New World Order." I remember when George Bush took a lot of flack at the end of the Cold War for using the term. But, it can be "descriptive" and not necessarily "prescriptive." All it may mean for someone using it is describing a new status quo, as in this is what the world is going to look like, not necessarily some kind of sinister intent for global domination.
Fair enough. So what does that new status quo look like? I ask because I am looking across the world today and it appears to be shifting in a direction that favors freedom less and less.....

You know shaggy maybe people just have difference in opinions. Like me for instance I don’t believe every report that comes out of the news. There purposely trying to paint a grim image of Russia! There trying to make them look bad. But in reality Ukraine is full of corruption. This isn’t a invasion of Ukraine this is a mission to stop the cabal and New world order. You see Putin is refusing to cooperate with the New world order. Kids are being rescued from trafficking. I don’t have a link but some of the lives I listen to on telegram has stated they found children in shackles underground below Chernobyl nuclear threat and the Russians rescued the ones that was still alive. Of course the news isn’t going to actually report the real news. They don’t want you to know what is really going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So when are you moving to Russia. You seem to think Putin will love you and protect you from the new world order.

Fair enough. So what does that new status quo look like? I ask because I am looking across the world today and it appears to be shifting in a direction that favors freedom less and less.....
True. You probably won't get a lot of straight answers. People have a tendency to associate ideas, concepts, terminology, etc. with a particular ideology or source. For example, if Breitbart was first to post that Russia was considering using chemical weapons, all the people talking about Russia using chemical weapons now would laugh it out of the room as a Qanon, right wing, Trump supporting idea.

It's a shame that so many overlook the threat to freedom because they're so steeped in political ideology or because the right wing has generally accepted the term New world order to be a bad thing...and heaven forbid we agree with the dumb Qanon right wing on anything.

But at the same time, as you pointed out, freedom is under attack all over the world, while cancel culture and authoritarianism is lauded as some sort of bastion of human moral ascension. We really need to move beyond the left v right argument (which is where the wealthy and powerful want us to stay) and be vigilant of the bigger picture before it really is too late.

True. You probably won't get a lot of straight answers. People have a tendency to associate ideas, concepts, terminology, etc. with a particular ideology or source. For example, if Breitbart was first to post that Russia was considering using chemical weapons, all the people talking about Russia using chemical weapons now would laugh it out of the room as a Qanon, right wing, Trump supporting idea.

It's a shame that so many overlook the threat to freedom because they're so steeped in political ideology or because the right wing has generally accepted the term New world order to be a bad thing...and heaven forbid we agree with the dumb Qanon right wing on anything.

But at the same time, as you pointed out, freedom is under attack all over the world, while cancel culture and authoritarianism is lauded as some sort of bastion of human moral ascension. We really need to move beyond the left v right argument (which is where the wealthy and powerful want us to stay) and be vigilant of the bigger picture before it really is too late.
I would like to humbly offer one edit ... substitute "liberty" for 'freedom" ...

This doesn't concern you?
I don't like it, but the stage has been set and we (the USA) were complicit and enabling it for about 30 years. The Rise of Empires (or New World Orders) have brought prosperity to those involved but at the expense of some form of human atrocities and conquering of any country/civilization that stood in their way... in other words this hasn't been a very peaceful or humanitarian kind of thing throughout history

We really need to move beyond the left v right argument (which is where the wealthy and powerful want us to stay) and be vigilant of the bigger picture before it really is too late.

In the US at least, there is way too much left vs right based close-mindedness/tribalism and not enough cooperation and compromise in the US between the sides. The US continues to operate as two nations within one country. Many, especially on each extreme, have a lot of hatred and thus treat those on the other side as the worst enemies on the planet! Other countries perceive this as a US weakness. It is the worst I can recall and is being facilitated by the internet. It is high time we work together again as one nation, but I don't know if this will happen anytime soon at least. Team USA should come before team blue or team red.

This talk of NWO is particularly worrisome when it comes to the inflation we are seeing. The current administration seems to have no care at all and IMO they fully believe it helps them "politically". The war we are seeing unfold before our very eyes doesn't appear to move them in the direction of limiting this. Its almost as if they are high fiving behind closed doors as they see a much different window opening up than the average American. They see more opportunity to lessen that "liberty" pcbjr spoke of.....

Back