• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Turbulent April '23

Been the least turbulent April IMBY I can remember

Yeah we've barely even had rain here. This is getting close to prime severe weather season. Its very bizarre to say the least

And other than a small window Wednesday Thursday timeframe it looks like it's just a temperature forecast and mostly cooler than normal to end the month

Last edited:
Just for fun, I just pulled up the teleconnections. The next 10 days we have a -NAO/-AO/+PNA and MJO moving through phase 8,1,2. It would be nice if we could get that combination in January or February again sometime.
Hopefully it will happen again in our lifetime sometime down the road in winters to come.

I would watch Saturday. Looks like a solid severe threat for damaging winds and maybe some tornados if we don’t have too much junk convection. More than likely a nice QLCS.

After that what an incredible blocking period coming up. Heat and humidity will be a distant memory in this pattern. Cool mornings and beautiful days. Probably a fairly wet pattern as well. Can’t ask for anything better really.
1682026752051.gif

Back