• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Weather Banter & Venting Thread

This wind actually threw me off this morning. Before my brain was fully with it, I thought there was an animal walking outside in the backyard that wasn't one of my cats. Turned out it was the wind playing tricks on my eyes. Then when I was walking outside, the wind blew a bit of debris to me. Not much, but some.

Last edited:
This wind actually threw me off this morning. Before my brain was fully with it, I thought there was an animal walking outside in the backyard that wasn't one of my cats. Turned out it was the wind playing tricks on my eyes. Then when I was walking outside, the wind blew a bit of debris to me. Not much, but some.

Mike Seidel would've fallen over! :)

Mike Seidel would've fallen over! :)

XS5LK.gif

Links won't open for me for some reason, but if these are anything like what I saw on Twitter earlier, my heart breaks for them. As bad as Florence has been/will be for us here in the Carolinas, I'm thankful I live off the western Atlantic ocean and not that of the Pacific.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So, the local CBS station can do a split screen today for the NFL game during an active tornado warning, but couldn't yesterday during the LSU and Auburn game when they were reporting the same thing over and over about the hurricane.

So, the local CBS station can do a split screen today for the NFL game during an active tornado warning, but couldn't yesterday during the LSU and Auburn game when they were reporting the same thing over and over about the hurricane.
Why yes. Sec football at its best.

I’d pay about 100$ to get GA Tech to whoop Clemsux this Saturday

Just heard word that ECMWF will soon be providing 6Z and 18Z cycles (in addition to the 0/12Z runs). This will be hourly data from 0 to 90 hours and 3-hourly data from 93 to 144 hours for 00/06/12/18Z runs. Good news to start the day!

9:00 AM - Sep 27, 2018

The above tweet was from Mike Ventrice.
Does this mean we will have to toss the 18Z Euro now since the GFS will be no more next year?

Back