• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Tropical Storm Marco

IR presentation is not as good as it was earlier but apparently it's still going due north, so it's still following the pattern of a stronger system.

Not a hurricane anymore per best track but yep, this one just keeps jogging north, will be interesting to hear if whether it eventually stalls and has its top blown off by the shear.

298a13920118d49f226150fd0efb81c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still calling BS on the NHC cone and modeling on this once. Marco is headed to MS. When is it going to go west? I can't see it changing trajectory. While not a global, I think the 0Z HRRR may be close to what happens.
Wheels are coming off pretty quick

If it completely decoupled the LLC will bend more west. Thing is though as it fires intermittent convection after it gets decapitated those convective bursts will be near and N of the LLC so they will help probably pull it to an eventual landfall

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Marco Advisory Number 15
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL142020
1000 PM CDT Sun Aug 23 2020

...HURRICANE HUNTERS FIND MARCO HAS WEAKENED...
...HURRICANE AND STORM SURGE WARNINGS REMAIN IN EFFECT FOR
PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN GULF COAST...

SUMMARY OF 1000 PM CDT...0300 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...26.8N 87.6W
ABOUT 185 MI...295 KM SSE OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...70 MPH...110 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNW OR 345 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1000 MB...29.53 INCHES
Marco has weakened to a Tropical Storm.

Rain in NC from Marco this morning. Looks like we get rain from both directly. What a difference in the forecast from yesterday

It helps having Marco sheared with all the action to its north east with the mid level

Gotta keep an eye on that band off the Florida panhandle for any areas of rotation especially as it moves closer to the coast. I have seen some solid rotation from time to time within it.

Back