• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tracking the Balloons o Doom

No arguing, no political garbage, no clowning, Seems ok to me.
As long as people stay on topic and don't diverge into alien conspiracies, the train derailment, or other events not pertaining to this then it's fine, but there's been a few deleted posts and quite a few that just need to be in the right thread. We have natural events/nonpolitical for the train and the meteor, and conspiracy for the UFOs.

You know after thinking about it for a bit(dangerous idea I know) but China may have had a pretty good idea with the ballon stuff. Maybe they figured they had no way of beating our military technology wise so they would throw tons of cheap crap in the sky and bank on our government not seeing it because how how low tech it was.
I’d imagine we are spending far more on shooting balloons down that whatever it cost to develop them, too.

I've heard these new balloons (objects) were around 40,000 feet. I say bring back the:

P-51 Mustang
Fitted with a Plexiglas “bubble” canopy for all-around vision, it flew to a maximum speed of about 440 miles (700 km) per hour, reached an operating ceiling of almost 42,000 feet (12,800 metres), and was armed with six wing-mounted 0.50-inch (12.7-mm) machine guns.

Back