• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tracking the Balloons o Doom

Hey peeps before it even goes this way can we keep this to tracking the actual location of the balloon and its life cycle.

I'll just go ahead and say it we don't need to know where you stand politically on this or how you think it makes the country look. I can give you political access if you want to discuss that

1) China admitted to it being their 'Weather balloon' They said "My Bad"

2) You and I don't, but we also know that weather balloons don't have payloads the size of 2-3 busses...

3) They totally knew about it. How did 2-3 school busses fly over Canada and NOOOONE saw it on radar? They knew, but the CBC is in bed with Trudeau. The whole story only broke when it entered Montana and residents saw it.

4) they are retrieving it, just keeping it hush hush. As if the chinese think that were really just going to let it sink.

5) a) Random enough to pass over Malstrom AFB, Ellisworth AFB, Offut AFB, Whiteman AFB, Ft. leonardwood, And Ft. Bragg.
5) b) It's about lens viewing. Think of how good of a resolution you can get on an image from a Satelite at 200-500 miles in orbit, now reduce your height to just 12 to 14 miles? Prior to the 50's and 60's we used to use weather balloons to spy. But we stopped when air defense systems and air to air missles became good enough to reach those heights. We stopped because it was no longer effective as the success rate was abysmal as enemies shot them down. Now in 2023 we're just dumb enough or paid enough to let em.

I Don't believe for 1 minute the reason we didn't shoot that down was for public safety. There wasn't a single multi hectacre cattle ranch in Montana, or any BLM land in SD, or a corn field in nebraska for them to safely drop this thing? If they can pin point the the splash down location of a space craft returning to earth from the moon at speeds over 25,000 Mph, they can't find a spot to put the balloon down? Horseshit.
You don't down it over populated areas if the contents of the balloon are hazardous, say biological in nature, do you? Add enough pathogen in the balloon itself so that if it bursts, you kill millions, then dare the target country to shoot it down. It doesn't even have to have the pathogen's in it. A reputation for delivering pathogens to the world would do. Do you take the chance?

You don't down it over populated areas if the contents of the balloon are hazardous, say biological in nature, do you? Add enough pathogen in the balloon itself so that if it bursts, you kill millions, then dare the target country to shoot it down. It doesn't even have to have the pathogen's in it. A reputation for delivering pathogens to the world would do. Do you take the chance?
So, it's better play chicken where if were wrong they release the package over St. Louis vs a corn field in Nebraska. Plus, who risks biological warfare with parts made in China? That's a recipe for disaster if it releases on accident over Russia? But on the otherside, we agree China doesn't take ardent precautions with microbial pathogens......

Back