• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Wow 70s and low dew points .. such a beautiful day and a stretch of just 80s for another week or so .. if this is what you call summer I’m all for it .. good thing we don’t live in Texas .. or I guess Seattle soon enough .. we swapped the SER with them ?
Maybe the real heat will hold off until August. I'd rather have heat in August than July because at least mentally I know fall is not too far away in August. Heat in July is just depressing.

Wow 70s and low dew points .. such a beautiful day and a stretch of just 80s for another week or so .. if this is what you call summer I’m all for it .. good thing we don’t live in Texas .. or I guess Seattle soon enough .. we swapped the SER with them ?

The Pacific NW is about to BAKE. Which does not bode well for wildfires out there. It's going to be an ugly summer out west.

The Pacific NW is about to BAKE. Which does not bode well for wildfires out there. It's going to be an ugly summer out west.
Yep with the mjo doing doughnuts in phases 1-2 not much is going to change in the D10-20 range. The western ridge will expand and contract and we will have intermittent periods of bermuda ridge then troughs approaching from the west. If you live in the SE it's a great setup to get average in the means if you live in the west it's hot and dry. I still think that we feel some effects of the western ridging and heat in July and August but it's not impossible this stays our overall setup potentially through fall

Yesterday was a nice PNW summer day, high around 80 (27) with DP in the 50s. Got down to 57 (14) this morning.

Yep with the mjo doing doughnuts in phases 1-2 not much is going to change in the D10-20 range. The western ridge will expand and contract and we will have intermittent periods of bermuda ridge then troughs approaching from the west. If you live in the SE it's a great setup to get average in the means if you live in the west it's hot and dry. I still think that we feel some effects of the western ridging and heat in July and August but it's not impossible this stays our overall setup potentially through fall
We have been in a largely below average temp regime since December, can't last forever! This pattern is essentially the winter of 13-14 winter pattern.

We have been in a largely below average temp regime since December, can't last forever! This pattern is essentially the winter of 13-14 winter pattern.
What if we are entering a new regime where persistent SE ridges aren't the norm? A few months obviously doesn't say much in the grand scheme but 70-90 didn't have much SER, 91-19 did. I'm not sold on the idea but it's something I've kicked around

What if we are entering a new regime where persistent SE ridges aren't the norm? A few months obviously doesn't say much in the grand scheme but 70-90 didn't have much SER, 91-19 did. I'm not sold on the idea but it's something I've kicked around
60-90 was the coldest of all cold periods, doubtful we get that. Another cold period was 1900-1920 and that honestly reminds me of this more. Cooler seasons outside of winter mainly. That's if we base it on this year alone.

60-90 was the coldest of all cold periods, doubtful we get that. Another cold period was 1900-1920 and that honestly reminds me of this more. Cooler seasons outside of winter mainly. That's if we base it on this year alone.
Yeah I don't think we can get back to like 70s cold barring a major event. The next 24 months or so will be an interesting watch to see how enso evolves and if there will be a feedback on oceanic temps as a whole

Back