• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Sweatember '22

I'm surprised you were warmer than PDK
Most of the time I am. My house is located kind of on a hill about 100' higher then the immediate area around me. My temp always goes up for a couple of hours before midnight as warm air rises out. Its a microcosm of being on a mountain top. The inverse is true in the afternoons, I was 2 degrees cooler yesterday. KPDK must be in a very open flat environment. KATL, well that station should be relocated...

Almost every radiational cooling night for me:

1664290177272.png

Last edited:
I disagree. I've experienced 40s many times over where I live in September the last 40 years and im not in the mountains. Just got down to 46 the other morning. Doesn't happen every September but ive seen it in the 40s on several occasions around here in September.
NC isn't the deep south. I'm talking about non mountainous regions of AL, GA and SC.

NC isn't the deep south. I'm talking about non mountainous regions of AL, GA and SC.
There are some hilly areas relatively close to Atlanta that also get into the upper 40s at least once in most Septembers. This September is yet another year where there have been 40s in the deep south already.

There are some hilly areas relatively close to Atlanta that also get into the upper 40s at least once in most Septembers. This September is yet another year where there have been 40s in the deep south already.
At my old place in Emerson we hit 40s twice in Sept 2020 and three times in 2021. It was north Georgia but not mountains. Not that I've paid much attention but I would expect to hit at least upper 40s in September. My earliest frost there was on October 6th so it's not too far off. My mother has lived in Cherokee County her whole life and remembers a frost or two at the end of September.

giphy.gif

• Fire
Reactions: SD
NC isn't the deep south. I'm talking about non mountainous regions of AL, GA and SC. I never said it was. I understand where your coming from. I wasn't talking about the deep south to begin with. I was talking about my location where I live and my past September experiences with temperature over the past 40 years.

Back