• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

Jesus we might get another round from the area of showers and thunderstorms southwest of us.. then another with the cold front???

Reactions: SD
There is just something about that first fall cold front… and yes, I know we can get cold fronts in the summer which, though rare, are nice. But that first one is always something I look forward to each year. I am certain we will have more warm weather, but to see that wind shift with the rain pushing through is pretty cool. Here are obs from Jasper, GA airport … not a drastic temp shift because of time of day, but you folks to the east will see a more dramatic shift.

Happy Fall Y’all!!

945B250A-B904-4B77-9AEF-9A893267A50A.png

The wife and I hiked to the top of Mt. Mitchell a number of years ago in June and witnessed rain mixed with wet snow at times, fantastic weather up there!

I got kicked off Mt. Mitchell one year in October because they were closing the Blue Ridge due to snow. Was hiking and the Park Ranger had to drive me down to my car.

Intense Thunderstorm just west of I95 in South Florida slowly drifting into my area. Got 30 minutes of 35-58 (Highest Recorded) MPH winds, and now I'm sitting under the heaviest rain I've seen all year. SSE flow has reversed to SW and NW as the High slowly retreats away, and the front starts inching its way into Florida. This has set up a nice convergence zone that may pummel the same areas with heavy rain over the next few hours. https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=26.0092&lon=-80.2429#.YUuHYp5KhZj

Wish I was experiencing some of that fall air up north. The Weather Channel keeps reminding me that the front won't make it past Lake O, which is essentially the gates of hell for cold fronts in Florida.

Back