• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

Ive know ive already mentioned that HRRR run earlier ^ but there’s a time between 22z-01z where the low level jet picks up and 0-6km shear picks up in response to the digging -tilt trough, low level shear is still somewhat weak but there’s a decent overlap in 1500-2000 joules of SBcape around I-77 east and a increasing low level jet/increasing jet streak aloft at the right exit, wouldn’t shock me if there’s a few tornado warnings on those storms, especially if there’s more sun prior to these storms and Low level lapse rates aren’t to meager D0BC8CF1-BD31-46FE-B86C-D2DE6DED952F.jpegA513F9F8-29ED-47A2-A62E-E71758C317C0.jpeg2A368D20-45A9-457D-ADC1-E295ED76D8E5.png

Last edited:
Yeah but most time Alaska is cold we usually torch also …. Be honest
That is the case during the winter typically, but right now you want to see cold air building in that region and then it will begin spreading further east into Canada as the fall progresses. That region of Alaska and NW Yukon has been extremely warm during the summer and early fall for the last few years and his really slowed the cold air buildup across Canada. The last 3 times those regions have had as cool a summer and early fall as this year was 2014, 2015, and 2017… all 3 of which ended up as at least decent winters for the southeast. Now the other part is getting the jet to transfer that cold south and east… which we should have periods of in the first half of the winter based on Niña climo

Ive know ive already mentioned that HRRR run earlier ^ but there’s a time between 22z-01z where the low level jet picks up and 0-6km shear picks up in response to the digging -tilt trough, low level shear is still somewhat weak but there’s a decent overlap in 1500-2000 joules of SBcape around I-77 east and a increasing low level jet/increasing jet streak aloft at the right entrance, wouldn’t shock me if there’s a few tornado warnings on those storms, especially if there’s more sun prior to these storms and Low level lapse rates aren’t to meager View attachment 91190View attachment 91191View attachment 91192
GSP agrees with this. They mention a window close to sunset in their far eastern zones for stronger storms. Basically from Chester and Statesville and east.

Back