• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your damn rainhole in NC!8CA44378-6371-4383-AE76-AFAB845D0600.png

Looool the Braves are going to keep doing this I suppose. While the top of the lineup is reverting to the mean from being silly like they were on the Twins/Marlins trip (with extra reversion from Ozzie because of course that makes sense), they're going to get contributions from guys like Hech and Hamilton (at the plate) to get games.

I'll take it. The best news of the day were Folty and the pen though in a tight situation.

I'm a little disappointed that once again, from several days out, the forecast was for high rain chances at week's end, with a chance of flooding. Yet also once again, a 70% chance of heavy rain becomes a 40% chance of occasional, possible, random, spotty light showers, if you're lucky. We just do not have the technology (or the skill) to forecast the weather, more than in a general sense, for periods beyond 48 hours.

I'm a little disappointed that once again, from several days out, the forecast was for high rain chances at week's end, with a chance of flooding. Yet also once again, a 70% chance of heavy rain becomes a 40% chance of occasional, possible, random, spotty light showers, if you're lucky. We just do not have the technology (or the skill) to forecast the weather, more than in a general sense, for periods beyond 48 hours.
Yeah, weathermen are stupid! I mean heavy rain was forecasted for Friday and Saturday, up to 2 days ago, now this popping poop fest!65C66387-EBC8-45D0-89BA-2F61CCBD9C28.png

Can't disagree. Im more disappointed that once again we recieved minimal totals that aren't beneficial. .1 isn't getting it done and it looks like we will end August around 1.9 which is well below normal. Its really going to take something out of the ordinary to relieve the dry conditions at this point whether it's a remnant tropical system, stalled upper low, stalled front.

Back to the forecasting at 24 hours out every model was painting big totals for us. The 12k nam had back to back runs with over 4 inches, the euro was around 1 the gfs around 2, that's poor. The writing was on the wall yesterday though once the storms to our south and east got going and we had 4-5 outflows roll through. There was nothing left for the front to capitalize on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can't disagree. Im more disappointed that once again we recieved minimal totals that aren't beneficial. .1 isn't getting it done and it looks like we will end August around 1.9 which is well below normal. Its really going to take something out of the ordinary to relieve the dry conditions at this point whether it's a remnant tropical system, stalled upper low, stalled front.

Back to the forecasting at 24 hours out every model was painting big totals for us. The 12k nam had back to back runs with over 4 inches, the euro was around 1 the gfs around 2, that's poor. The writing was on the wall yesterday though once the storms to our south and east got going and we had 4-5 outflows roll through. There was nothing left for the front to capitalize on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Shetley!!?? Only a tropical storm can save us!?

Is it me or does it seem like JB hasn't been talking about mid to long range weather forecasts much lately? Seems all he talks about now is the "climate ambulance chasers" or the tropics. Maybe he is about given up on long range forecasting? It would be just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back