• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Subtropical Storm Alberto

A reporter from SC was killed along the coast when a tree fell on their car

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

A reporter from SC was killed along the coast when a tree fell on their car

You sure that wasn’t in the mountains? See my Alberto orbs post.

Incoming dry slot for southern Georgia
b47b3ab08c3d2c719c1a5bb180da9483.jpg

Typical for feeder bands fueled by tropical air. Just like a typical band of heavy rain, there is a dry slot.
My point was geared more towards the flash flood watch that seems to be a stretch at this point for many

My point was geared more towards the flash flood watch that seems to be a stretch at this point for many

Typical over-hype by stations out of GA...see it alot.

Oddly enough, most of the moisture is on the NW side of the circulation. Hoping that changes as it tracks through AL.

I think in some areas of Georgia that have just gotten dumped on, the flood watch was for more of the fact of rain on top of rain on top of rain....

(Sources: Have had 9.7" of rain in a little over 2 weeks and it's possible it's 10" as I had a downpour today)

Some areas have received an inch from the band coming though, though the average is around half an inch to 3/4".
Ok.... which is far less than what was showing a few days ago . I guess we can wait to see the final totals but they are gonna be far less vs what we thought they would be

I think in some areas of Georgia that have just gotten dumped on, the flood watch was for more of the fact of rain on top of rain on top of rain....

(Sources: Have had 9.7" of rain in a little over 2 weeks and it's possible it's 10" as I had a downpour today)
Now that's a lot of rain , no doubt

Ok.... which is far less than what was showing a few days ago . I guess we can wait to see the final totals but they are gonna be far less vs what we thought they would be

No doubt it's not going to be 3 to 5 inches, probably 1 to 4, which FFC now has in their FFW, is reasonable. In the mean time, I'm getting a good soaking here from the band. Not sure how much it will drop however.

Now that's a lot of rain , no doubt

Although I'm not even under one lol anymore, a little surprised honestly...wonder what stage the lake nearby is at now given that I think the whole area has just been dumped on for just over two weeks.

I think this is not a trypical tropical low. Maybe it got there in the end, near landfall, but I would argue against it because typically we would have not got a dry slot (talking about GA) being where we are to where the center is. I’m just glad we have had rain lately for sure. I’m glad we didn’t get another 4-6” to be honest.

I think this is not a trypical tropical low. Maybe it got there in the end, near landfall, but I would argue against it because typically we would have not got a dry slot (talking about GA) being where we are to where the center is. I’m just glad we have had rain lately for sure. I’m glad we didn’t get another 4-6” to be honest.
Here in the Midlands of South Carolina we was forecast to get 3-6 inches but we haven't even reach 1 inch today in my area and surrounding areas.

Back