• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Did close $SHOP at $1645 from $1525. $1650 was my target and didn’t think it would hit it today. Done with this trade, that completed 5th wave but it could go higher.

5BD22A79-3279-4824-A075-9DAE06F60D5B.png

I bought Target at $215 and all it does is grind higher. It’s RSI is very overheated but it’s not over valued. It does $100B in rev and market cap is only $129B while growing at 20%.

Amex reporting earnings today and said consumer spending is strong, thus retailers are doing well.

21F0078D-E5B0-42EE-95E9-7662A10D2262.png

Last edited:
The reason I've referenced September a few times now is partly because of last year, but it's also because it's a quarterly rebalancing month.

But on the S&P level, the best guess would probably be that it ends up being a tough consolidation month with one of those fast dip and rebound deals happening in the month, until proven otherwise.

Edit: Should add, I'm not expecting anything more than a pullback here "if" it happens at all in 2021.

CROX on watch. Blew out earnings, not a high valuation at all. 60% growth, will do $2.5B in rev and only $8B market cap.

9B3719D3-C295-43FB-B759-0C9FB2349B84.jpeg6C6C351C-D320-4E84-8397-B3D051C6231C.png

Bitcoin :oops:

in at just over $30k. Key is if it can reclaim the 50dma…if so…

6A832126-91A9-4F8D-8331-11E3762608D0.jpeg

UPS looks ready…I added shares this week at $210 and today at $211. Though, both FDX and UPS been very quiet lately. But, the big tech reports earning next week so maybe some rotation into plays like LOW/UPS.

3685FBAC-DD9B-48D4-9D27-DC0CBBE9A65C.jpeg

Something to ponder,.... in April I said inflation is showing in the stock market price increases, ( the economy is not as strong as you think, just being propped up and excelling with the printing of money) I don't know how long the printing press will last. The jobs reports are sending mixed signals. I am thinking a crash will happen within the year or less. Signs of the consumers pockets are getting lighter. The purchasing of meat and subscriptions are on the downward trend. Add the fact, eventually the government can't keep home loans propped up more than six months from now ( give or take a quarter after the new year) and renters support to vanish. Big guys will buy up the foreclosure and/or the housing sell off. I believe the upper middle class investors with be crushed soon. My point is, keep your eyes open for a small crash with a recession as a very high possibility.

Crypto breaking out. Also loaded about 10k Doge DooDoo coins last week. Long. If I lose it all $&(! It. Will be no different than my recent stonk beat downs.

Beat me to it. I loaded doge a few days ago when Bitty closed that 4 hour candle outside of the downtrend. Pretty easy setup. I think we should have another headfake or two though. Or maybe we just go straight back to retesting those ATH’s. Who knows.9749CEB1-75BF-45AA-931D-2F5E7D5BFD80.png

Sooo... covered calls.

Is there a catch besides the normal risk with stocks and the risk that your shares get called away?

Because if there isn't a catch, I'm tempted to try it.

Sooo... covered calls.

Is there a catch besides the normal risk with stocks and the risk that your shares get called away?

Because if there isn't a catch, I'm tempted to try it.
I use covered calls on stocks where I own 100+ shares. Only risks are the stock price goes down (same risk as just owning the stock) and missed upside "risk" if the stock shoots way beyond call price and you miss out on gains. No real "catch", probably the safest options play you can use.

I use covered calls on stocks where I own 100+ shares. Only risks are the stock price goes down (same risk as just owning the stock) and missed upside "risk" if the stock shoots way beyond call price and you miss out on gains. No real "catch", probably the safest options play you can use.

That's what I thought, thanks.

Was looking at the Apple options premiums on a whim (just in case, I had initially looked at the options premiums for VZ out of curiosity since that stock has essentially done nothing in the 2 years I've held it) and was thinking, you can sell a call for $152.50 (a price we haven't seen it hit) and collect $157?

I may have to give that a look if it does correct after tech reports, which it and the QQQ correcting after tech reports is 50/50 honestly to me as I'm truly seeing flashes of last summer. If that's the case, I'll enjoy it with what I have but won't chase.

That's what I thought, thanks.

Was looking at the Apple options premiums on a whim (just in case, I had initially looked at the options premiums for VZ out of curiosity since that stock has essentially done nothing in the 2 years I've held it) and was thinking, you can sell a call for $152.50 (a price we haven't seen it hit) and collect $157?

I may have to give that a look if it does correct after tech reports, which it and the QQQ correcting after tech reports is 50/50 honestly to me as I'm truly seeing flashes of last summer. If that's the case, I'll enjoy it with what I have but won't chase.
Yes that's correct (based on Friday's options pricing). You can sell calls further out in time for more premium too. Apple sep17 160c is $1.92 for example. You would profit on your shares up to 160 and collect $192 premium.

You can always roll your options out if they get breached and you don't want to lose your shares .... buy to close the option you sold and resell a new call further out with higher strike for net credit. This doesn't always make sense though, if it blows too far past the strike you can't really roll them out unless you go like a year out which doesn't make sense.

Glad I bought doodoo coins last week. Maybe I should just quit the stock market and accumulate shìtcoins on every dip CFB8033E-4E1B-45F8-BB25-F87750B127BA.png

Back