• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Yeah I have 0 shares at the moment and it's making me all itchy haha. 10-12 I'd start jumping back in.
hoping for 10.51 but I get the feeling of shorts can break it below $10 we’ll get a lot of panic selling

If QQQ doesn't hold $325, I think the cup and handle will be invalid.

But instead of a crash, I suspect it p****es everybody off and oscillates within a range until July, probably.

hoping for 10.51 but I get the feeling of shorts can break it below $10 we’ll get a lot of panic selling
Agreed, shares can be shaken easily on this one because it's speculative, so whatever entry I'm planning will be with the understanding I'll most likely need to average it up or down a bit afterwards.

Into more cash today after $AMD, $MSFT disappointment. Took a lot of profits from the past few weeks and closed some positions. Both AMD/MSFT crushed earnings and sold off...how is $QQQ going to make new ATH's with the best companies blowing out earnings and then selling off.

Today is why I moved to more cash last week. Sheesh...

ARKK is basically a gigantic nasty bear flag and at this point, with it having failed to break out a few times, it's probably resolving lower.

Quality is probably joining them this time I'm afraid, maybe not with it being "as" bad, but you have a couple indices that are really overdue for a deeper dip.

Started a fairly big position in $X this morning at $24.80. Sold half at $25.90 and holding half for now. Looks strong. Also, still holding my $FDX, $TGT and $NCLH positions...been in those for a bit. But, like 80% cash right now.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 12.36.37 PM.png

Missed my MVIS entry. Really impressive red to green move this morning/afternoon. Banger
Me too, had a buy order set @ 12.50.... these parabolic moves are kind of stupid lol. If I knew how to time them I could be a millionaire, if's and but's were candy and nuts smh

NYSE A/D made a new ATH yesterday and none of the major averages joined in. So, last Thursday probably wasn't "THE" top as at least a medium term one (based off how that day went, I didn't think it was anyway) but based off the way today has gone, the broader markets very likely aren't done pullback wise.

Although of course, March 18th had my jaw on the floor with how bad it got in the Nasdaq (that was the random -3% day) so who knows, could need to see at least one more day.

GME stans...unbelievable. They’re grasping at any kind of straw that their thesis is going to happen...like we haven’t already seen a day before where the Nasdaq dropped 3% out of basically nowhere (I was worried before yesterday but I didn’t have that in mind) and deleveraging hasn’t already been going on at times with there not being much of a response in the short squeeze thesis stocks...

This was initially funny but now I couldn’t care less if they just delisted this stock or at least banned option buying.

Screenshot (68)_LI.jpg

Even if you don't hold any ARK ETFs, I feel like this is a good indicator of appetite for riskier stocks and this is a very ugly signal. It closed below the 200 day moving average for the first time in over a year today and what we've seen from early March can be interpreted as a huge nasty bear flag or bear triangle.

Still hasn't broken below its March lows but it's in the danger zone big time. If it fails around there, it's going to get even nastier in the growth/unprofitable tech realm and I kind of feel like everything else isn't going to be so lucky this time, which is why what happens with this ETF is of interest to me.

I felt as if another move up in the major averages was there if wanted this month but it's unlikely to happen if we're about to see the next step in the speculative unwinds.

View attachment 83293

Even if you don't hold any ARK ETFs, I feel like this is a good indicator of appetite for riskier stocks and this is a very ugly signal. It closed below the 200 day moving average for the first time in over a year today and what we've seen from early March can be interpreted as a huge nasty bear flag or bear triangle.

Still hasn't broken below its March lows but it's in the danger zone big time. If it fails around there, it's going to get even nastier in the growth/unprofitable tech realm and I kind of feel like everything else isn't going to be so lucky this time, which is why what happens with this ETF is of interest to me.

I felt as if another move up in the major averages was there if wanted this month but it's unlikely to happen if we're about to see the next step in the speculative unwinds.

Tech is stalling my portfolio for the year. I’m down in a few tech holdings. Sucks because I’ve been holding them for months and was up big. I hate that I didn’t sell but I’m only down 5% on my portfolio, but that just shows it’s eating at my gains. I have hope it will rebound. Some of these tech leaders have dumped 30%, especially ARK holdings which a lot of people were buying just because she would. I own TDOC and it took a huge beating, but I bought it at what I thought was a dip into the 100s only to find it continue even after consolidating for almost 2 months! Just crazy. I feel like what used to come so east doesn’t make any sense anymore when it comes to the market. COVID rebound + Crypto + ballooning valuations = chaos.

Made my first good stock decision based solely on its chart this morning ! I looked at MVIS and it looked like it was ready for breakout to me and I got in premarket! Hoping for 18 before I sell , probably won’t hold over the weekend lmao. AT&T is my biggest position rn, put a lot of money into it and it’s paying off . Trying to really build a strong portfolio in large companies , especially ones that pay nice dividends !

Crickets coming from colonial, is telling. 2.69 Saturday went to 2.79 today. Filled em all up this afternoon

Back