• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

The Hawks have a good future though. This is a young and talented team that will continue to get better.
Especially if they can keep Capella in the post and add another forward. Young and Capella have to be the foundation. Future is bright for that team.

I think getting to a conference finals is pretty legit. Hard to make a case otherwise. If this team is healthy, they're a good team.
The eastern conference wasn't a joke this year. Strong teams with the Sixers, Bucks, Hawks, and even Knicks. Boston wasn't what we've come to expect, but otherwise a fairly strong conference. I'd chalk the Hawks season up as a success.

Giannis has had back2back very strong games. Doing what he always should, be a beast in the paint, get the opposition in foul trouble, and hit 60 plus percent with his FT's, and hitting the glass on rebounds. These games are what made pundits agree he is a 2 time MVP. Can he replicate what he did with another 40 plus point performace for a 3rd time in a row, while getting Deandre Ayton in foul trouble again? He might have to, because Middleton and Holiday haven't proven they can be consistent teammates. But if they can at least be marginally successful, this might become a series.

Giannis has had back2back very strong games. Doing what he always should, be a beast in the paint, get the opposition in foul trouble, and hit 60 plus percent with his FT's, and hitting the glass on rebounds. These games are what made pundits agree he is a 2 time MVP. Can he replicate what he did with another 40 plus point performace for a 3rd time in a row, while getting Deandre Ayton in foul trouble again? He might have to, because Middleton and Holiday haven't proven they can be consistent teammates. But if they can at least be marginally successful, this might become a series.
Suns ought to win the series, even with Giannis being Giannis. But they can't have another egg from Booker. And they can't show up with low energy and run around with cement shoes all game. And the refs have to do a better job calling fouls consistently.

ESPN says Tom Brady is the 3rd best athlete in NFL behind # 1 Mahomes and # 2 Rogers. They said athletes but maybe meant qb's?

Reactions: SD
Hulk Hogan suplexed The Big Boss Man off the top of a steel cage. In an off day in sports we need to remind ourselves of the great historical accomplishments in sports.

• Haha
Reactions: SD
Phoenix is not very good. Booker playing one on five is not how to win the game.

As much as I like the Suns and how they "typically" play, Giannis simply wasn't going to be denied. Considering one of his flaws if FT shooting, he drove to the basket with purpose and knew he was going to be fouled. He stepped up and hit nearly each and every one. He did not let fear of his own weaknesses stop him. Dude was a beast. One of the best closeout performances I've witnessed in the finals since watching back in 83.

Can’t help but wonder what might have been if Trae Young doesn’t step on that refs foot. Atlanta had already split the first 2 games in Milwaukee and was on their way I think to winning game 3 until Traes injury in the 3rd qtr. I know Giannis hurt his knee and missed the rest of that series, but I believe if Atlanta had Trae, they win that series. If Atlanta can keep their team together, I think this team is real close to winning a title even with the dreaded Atlanta sports curse.

Can’t help but wonder what might have been if Trae Young doesn’t step on that refs foot. Atlanta had already split the first 2 games in Milwaukee and was on their way I think to winning game 3 until Traes injury in the 3rd qtr. I know Giannis hurt his knee and missed the rest of that series, but I believe if Atlanta had Trae, they win that series. If Atlanta can keep their team together, I think this team is real close to winning a title even with the dreaded Atlanta sports curse.
I think (with healthy Trae) they would have given Phoenix a run for their money

Back