• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

This hurts my heart. As a lifelong Patriots fan I endured the superbowl shuffle. I endured the crushing we got that year. I enjoyed the dynasty over the last 20 years. Gonna be sad not thinking we are going to the superbowl every year.

I wish Brady had stayed on 1 more year then retired.
Alright Shaggy. I bolded the part where you let me know you aren't just a bandwagoner. And for that reason---you deserve more respect than the majority of some other Patriot fans. ?

I may have been a little harsh earlier on your team. I root against them sure, but I respect them---despite what happened in 2003 Super Bowl. (Which, Carolina shouldn't have even been there...so that one doesn't hurt as much as 2015..)

The truth is, we did Cam wrong by waiting to release him when we did. For all the showboatin', awful outfits, and naming one of his kids "Chosen"(no seriously, what's up with that?) , I really do think he's a good guy. The man once randomly stopped by a local CLT middle school during recess on a whim, and played catch with kids outside--with no cameras around. You don't do stuff like that with kids unless you're a good soul.

So if somehow things turned out well for Cam and the Patriots, I would be alright with that. But only if he didn't beat us to do it. (As if Carolina will be anywhere near the playoffs for the next 3 years...)

"True fans" sound bitter to me, but I understand. I'm becoming more of a 'true fan' each year.:D

Last edited:
Also can't wait for us to get back to normal so Carolina can get their ass kicked by every team in the division. The Saints are loaded. Tampa's got the GOAT (& Gronk), and Matty Ice and company just added Todd Gurley. We are sooo screwed.

I grew up a WVU fan in college sports and I never felt lower than 13-9 in 2007 (if you all remember what I'm referring to). I think WVU would've taken Ohio State in the title game, which made it all the harder to swallow.
In MLB, 2013, Game 2 of the ALCS, Detroit Tigers blow a 5-0 lead late vs the Red Sox, which would have given the Tigers a 2-0 series lead. Had the Tigers won that game, I believe they not only would have taken down the Red Sox to advance to the World Series, but would have beaten the Cardinals to win it all.

In MLB, 2013, Game 2 of the ALCS, Detroit Tigers blow a 5-0 lead late vs the Red Sox, which would have given the Tigers a 2-0 series lead. Had the Tigers won that game, I believe they not only would have taken down the Red Sox to advance to the World Series, but would have beaten the Cardinals to win it all.

As a huge Red Sox fan all I got for ya is :p

So will they kneel for one and not the other? America is a powder keg ready to explode.

Alright Shaggy. I bolded the part where you let me know you aren't just a bandwagoner. And for that reason---you deserve more respect than the majority of some other Patriot fans. ?

I may have been a little harsh earlier on your team. I root against them sure, but I respect them---despite what happened in 2003 Super Bowl. (Which, Carolina shouldn't have even been there...so that one doesn't hurt as much as 2015..)

The truth is, we did Cam wrong by waiting to release him when we did. For all the showboatin', awful outfits, and naming one of his kids "Chosen"(no seriously, what's up with that?) , I really do think he's a good guy. The man once randomly stopped by a local CLT middle school during recess on a whim, and played catch with kids outside--with no cameras around. You don't do stuff like that with kids unless you're a good soul.

So if somehow things turned out well for Cam and the Patriots, I would be alright with that. But only if he didn't beat us to do it. (As if Carolina will be anywhere near the playoffs for the next 3 years...)

"True fans" sound bitter to me, but I understand. I'm becoming more of a 'true fan' each year.:D

Me and Shaggy's father is from Mass and we have tons of family up there.....we were the only kids in school wearing Pats gear back in the early 80's and I love the Red Sox, also yuck the fankees......

Also can't wait for us to get back to normal so Carolina can get their ass kicked by every team in the division. The Saints are loaded. Tampa's got the GOAT (& Gronk), and Matty Ice and company just added Todd Gurley. We are sooo screwed.
There sure is a lot of new to unpack. I like the Teddy B pick up, we will see where that goes. The good news is like you and I nobody expects much . We shall see.

I love that Todd Gurley is in Atlanta, but personally I feel wishy washy about what might happen with the Falcons assuming we play. The talent is there to go 11-5, but I'm leaning towards another mediocre season and probably some house cleaning happening after that.

I do not look at athletes as heros. That is reserved for the men and women that risk their lives every day defending our freedom and way of life. Athletes get paid insane amounts of money to play a game they would play the most part for free. Great at their jobs sure,
but not my go to roll models for patriotism.

Let me add this, and I'm not making it political, but the black national anthem thing was news to me when I first saw it. When they were making a big show about kneeling or locking arms to show unity a few years back, I was fairly oblivious to it but I was not sure why they made a show of it. I'm sure they're going to again assuming we play.

I watch sports for entertainment, not to look up to what the players are doing.

I have other problems with the NFL, which has led to me being wishy washy on it for a while.

The mid 80s were heartbreaking for us. Lose to the bears then my parents let me stay up late to watch the ball trickle through Bucners feet. Heartbreaking.

I will say I have had the trifecta twice in my life. A season where the Pat's, Sox and Tarheels all won the national championship in the same season.

Whoops, at least Smith (who would be a potential impact reliever) feels fine but Freddie apparently very much doesn't feel fine.

Back