• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Still can’t believe this Sunday is Jimmie’s last race. I started watching NASCAR in earnest around 2012-13, so to see yet another departure from the drivers who I started out with is heartbreaking. Burton, Gordon, Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, Dale Jr, even guys like Kasey Kahne, Paul Menard, David Ragan and Clint Bowyer retiring is genuinely sad. The names on the ticker I started out with are almost all different. The only ones left are the Busch Bros, Hamlin, Logano, Keselowski, Harvick, Truex.

nostlagia trip done

Still can’t believe this Sunday is Jimmie’s last race. I started watching NASCAR in earnest around 2012-13, so to see yet another departure from the drivers who I started out with is heartbreaking. Burton, Gordon, Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, Dale Jr, even guys like Kasey Kahne, Paul Menard, David Ragan and Clint Bowyer retiring is genuinely sad. The names on the ticker I started out with are almost all different. The only ones left are the Busch Bros, Hamlin, Logano, Keselowski, Harvick, Truex.

nostlagia trip done
How do you think I feel? Lol... I started back in 1990, instantly a big Davey Allison fan (God rest his soul) then Mark Martin, also liked awesome Bill from Dawsonville. I also was a Carl Edwards fan, when Mark retired and Carl left, I really didn't have anybody else I wanted to pull for plus it's changed so much since then, I can't keep up.

How do you think I feel? Lol... I started back in 1990, instantly a big Davey Allison fan (God rest his soul) then Mark Martin, also liked awesome Bill from Dawsonville. I also was a Carl Edwards fan, when Mark retired and Carl left, I really didn't have anybody else I wanted to pull for plus it's changed so much since then, I can't keep up.
Tbh you had some unfortunate luck with who your favorite drivers were man wow. Davey with his accident, Mark Martin the King of 2nd, Carl Edwards getting robbed of that 2016 title and disappearing. I can see why you’d get tired of it all. Might I suggest giving Chase Briscoe a look? Rookie replacing Bowyer in the 14 next year, he’s a great guy and he’s gonna be a star

Same here. Being from north Georgia I was required to be an Elliott fan and got to listen to my grandfather every Sunday complain about them adding restrictor plates just to keep him from winning. I was an Allison fan too and still talk about him to my kids. I always pulled for Rusty Wallace too.

Tbh you had some unfortunate luck with who your favorite drivers were man wow. Davey with his accident, Mark Martin the King of 2nd, Carl Edwards getting robbed of that 2016 title and disappearing. I can see why you’d get tired of it all. Might I suggest giving Chase Briscoe a look? Rookie replacing Bowyer in the 14 next year, he’s a great guy and he’s gonna be a star
Started watching in 2000 when Bill Elliot was my neighbor, now I watch Chase.

Funny

nostlagia trip done
you mentioned Busch. I’ll never forget the 2001 Daytona 500 when Kurt ticked off Dale Earnhardt and Earnhardt gave him the one finger salute out the window lol. Busch cried on the radio that he flipped me off lol

Back