• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

It was a very sad day yesterday for UNC in their game against GT. Tylee Craft, who played for them in 2020-1 as receiver and on special teams, passed away yesterday morning from a rare form of lung cancer that he had been diagnosed with in 2022. He was honored in yesterday afternoon’s game by UNC with Coach Mack Brown, who wore a Kraft shirt, and the TV announcers not knowing that he had just passed. Coach Brown gave a very long emotional hug to Craft’s mother at the end of the 1st qtr. Wide receiver J.J. Jones wore Craft’s jersey with his No. 13 and last name on it. Jones amazingly enough scored the 13th point for UNC with a TD. Craft was a mere 23. May Tylee rest in peace.

Last edited:
It would appear that Kirby fails to have institutional control because he has no self control.

Somebody on a Tech message board said Kirby could shoot the governor in front of the capital and not get fired. Woody Hayes got canned for a similar thing but all of his fans will come up with some excuse. One guy already said he was bending down to pick up his visor and bumped the kid.

Doubt seriously anyone is going be undefeated this season …. Nil thing is starting to cause much more parity

If Georgia can't find a way to control the clock, it won't be them to get Texas, and I really don't see anyone else that has a chance to sneak up outside of perhaps Texas A&M.

The secondary is unfixable at this point for 2024 unless Kirby is willing to step in, and maybe even then, but from what I am seeing, as of now unless Georgia does actually get Texas, I'd say it's Texas at 11-1 or even 12-0 (probably more likely as it's hard to trust Texas A&M for anything) and a bunch of 10-2 with a mess to sort out to send the 2nd team to Atlanta.

Speaking of Kirby though, I wouldn't be surprised if he apologizes on his conference on Monday. My guess is that he was trying to yell at the defensive coordinator and didn't even see Van Buren.

Somebody on a Tech message board said Kirby could shoot the governor in front of the capital and not get fired. Woody Hayes got canned for a similar thing but all of his fans will come up with some excuse. One guy already said he was bending down to pick up his visor and bumped the kid.

It looked inadvertent to me.

Doubt seriously anyone is going be undefeated this season …. Nil thing is starting to cause much more parity
That will change later though and only about 5-10 teams will stand any chance at all. Alabama and Georgia will not be among them. Tennessee will not either.

Southern Cal
Oregon
Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma

One of these will win the Championship every year once NIL really gets going along with directly paying players. Schools like Clemson and South Carolina may very well cut out all sports including football in about 10 years or so.

That will change later though and only about 5-10 teams will stand any chance at all. Alabama and Georgia will not be among them. Tennessee will not either.

Southern Cal
Oregon
Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma

One of these will win the Championship every year once NIL really gets going along with directly paying players. Schools like Clemson and South Carolina may very well cut out all sports including football in about 10 years or so.
What are you saying ? These sound like your drought predictions

Southern Cal
Oregon
Texas
Texas A&M
Ohio State
Michigan
Oklahoma

I disagree. NIL has made it harder for the factories to keep depth.

It might well end up shaking out differently by December, but I don't think a 2nd loss necessarily eliminates you from the playoffs.

I'd say 3 SEC teams make it for now. The SEC winner and two highest ranked after.

Back